Display Settings with multiple Monitors in Dockingstation

Hello,

when working with Dockingstation in Manjaro Gnome 20.1 i have the problem, that the display scale can’t be set different for every monitor.

I’m using my notebook with higher resolution and a monitor with lower resolution. For working with both, i need to set the display scale of the monitor to 100%, the scale of the notebook to 200%. This is not working. By changing the display scale of the notebook to 200% it will also be set to 200% on the monitor.

Is there any solution for this issue?

Best regards

Nito

1 Like

Up, I have same problem

Yes, there is a solution, but you’re not going to like it:

• Don’t use scaling but set both monitor and laptop display to the same resolution (or even worse: a smaller resolution on the laptop than on the monitor if the laptop screen is physically smaller than the monitor)
  • Buy a better monitor. (monitors normally have a higher resolution than a laptop screen)

:sob:

That is a solution, but not a good one :upside_down_face:

I know, but don’t forget this is open source software, so developers generally have a high-res laptop screen and en even higher-res external monitor and that is what they develop for…

So unless you put your developer hat on and get into the code and do exactly what you want, the above solutions are the only solutions until another developer gets annoyed enough to provide for differential scaling on internal and external screens.

:man_shrugging:

Yes, that is an explanation for it - maybe i will give it a try to develop it. Thank you very much for supporting me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.