Display scaler up after Configuring nvidia graphics settings

Hello, I have a laptop with a nvidia graphics card (GeForce 920m). I installed manjaro. After installing, there was an application called NVIDIA X Server Settings. Clicked on it, it said I had to load the GPU by entering nvidia xconfig as root. Did that and gave a reboot. Now everything is zoomed in. But when I reopen the NVIDIA X Server settings app, it still says the same.

Did some searches and found that for bumblebee, I have to enter optirun -b none nvidia-settings -c :8

This command first gave an output that said add ignoreABI… to config file…

Did that, but now running optirun -b none nvidia-settings -c :8
Says no device detected. How do I fix this or revert it to normal… my timeshift backup didn’t help either.

This applications saves the xorg config file at /etc/X11/xorg.conf by default. Maybe also check this directory: /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ You need to rename the suffix or remove it.

Deleting them doesn’t do anything.

Well you need to reboot, or just restart the display manager to reload the config:

sudo systemctl restart display-manager.service

If I remember correctly the changes made using Nvidia Settings need to be saved to the file nvidia.conf in /etc/X11/mhwd.d/

Did reboots several times…doesn’t fix it

Then the problem is not the created xorg file by NVIDIA X Server Settings :man_shrugging: However… if possible, switch to a prime setup, instead of bbswitch (it is more or less obsolete on modern drivers).

I guess you have installed: video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-390xx-bumblebee

As I see 920M should be still supported by 470xx: Appendix A. Supported NVIDIA GPU Products

So try to switch to this driver: video-hybrid-intel-nvidia-470xx-prime