Display customization

In settings only 100 and 200 percentage sizes available, If the size will updated to 4 optional(100%, 125%, 150%, 200%) things it will helps so much

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! :vulcan_salute:

I’m afraid you’re barking up the wrong tree. Manjaro does not develop GNOME. We directly take over the GNOME packages from Arch, and they too are not the ones developing it.

GNOME is currently developed at RedHat. You could file a feature request, but the GNOME developers are quite well known for ignoring or even outright refusing to implement things that “do not agree with their vision”.

:man_shrugging:

Edit: Perhaps the following is not an option for you, but a different desktop environment may yield more possibilities. For instance, KDE Plasma does allow more granular scaling with 25% per step, so there you can indeed select 125%, 150%, 175%, and so on. :point_down:

1 Like

For Wayland:

Enable the experimental fractional scaling feature:

$ gsettings set org.gnome.mutter experimental-features "['scale-monitor-framebuffer']"

HiDPI - ArchWiki

For Xorg, @pux maintains the mentioned Ubuntu patches in a couple custom packages. Install both which will replace mutter and gnome-control-center:

sudo pacman -S mutter-x11-scaling gnome-control-center-x11-scaling
2 Likes

well, I was a fanboy of fractional scaling until I realized there is a better alternative in Gnome , i.e. Large Text → ON
you can do that by heading over to Accessibility - Seeing - Larger Text - Toggle ON.
Log Out and Log Back in, see if that helps you.

Amazing, in two commands you solved what I thought would be a sore… Thanks!

Be sure to select the reply that solved your issue so that others can see you found a solution.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.