Discrepancy between pacman-mirrors -i and https://repo.manjaro.org/?

Hello,

I ran pacman -i on a brand new Manjaro ARM (Raspberry Pi 4b) Minimal install, as I wanted to select just one mirror for use. I got the results below. A couple of questions:

1. When using the -i option (interactive mode), is there a way to get it not to show me partially sync’d mirrors?
  2. Is there a way to filter the initial list to a specific country? I assume -c United States?

Thanks!

pacman-mirrors only shows up-to-date mirrors for the system branch - check the man page for detailed info (Pacman-mirrors - Manjaro)

man pacman-mirrors

Yes you can set a country, a list of countries or you can use a continent

sudo pacman-mirrors --continent

pacman-mirrors uses the same status file as the repo web

The mirrors are sorted by response time - and the sync indicates how long time has elapsed since the last sync - the info is pulled from the status file.

https://repo.manjaro.org/status.json

If you want to verify that - you can use the –no-status argument and may get a longer list.

2 Likes

Please read this:

especially this bit:

:pray:

Oops.

Sorry, will be more mindful of this in the future.

Thanks for the info on pacman-mirrors.

1 Like

I’ve marked this answer as the solution to your question as it is by far the best answer you’ll get.

However, if you disagree with my choice, please feel free to take any other answer as the solution to your question or even remove the solution altogether: You are in control! (If you disagree with my choice, just send me a personal message and explain why I shouldn’t have done this or :heart: or :+1: if you agree)

:innocent:
P.S. In the future, please don’t forget to come back to your question after your issue has been solved and click the 3 dots below the answer to mark a solution like this below the answer that helped you most:
Solution
so that the next person that has the exact same problem you just had will benefit from your post as well as your question will now be in the “solved” status.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.