Discover installations vs Pacman installations

I was updating packages in Discover and noticed it also updated Mesa, which turned out to be a Flatpak installation, version 21.3.9

I launched Pacman, searched for Mesa and noticed it shows the Repository installation of Mesa, version 22.1.4-1 :man_shrugging:t4:

inxi -G shows mesa as 22.1.4

Can I uninstall the Flatpak via Discover?

Also, I couldn’t find other posts concerning overlapping installations/packages between the two

Thanks

Flatpaks use sandbox environment in which users can run application software in isolation from the rest of the system, hence whatever is installed via flatpak is not overlapping anything of the actual system.

UPDATE: So, it’s in my other systems by default…but, why? Is it required by KDE?

Thank you. I understand the general idea of Flatpaks, maybe I installed it when I was super new to Linux, trying to get Cyberpunk 2077 to run—I don’t remember, but I should be able to uninstall most of those without affecting KDE?

I’ll check my other Manjaro-Testing KDE systems when I get home, I’ll probably answer my own questions. :sweat_smile:

Thanks for your patience.

Do yourself a favour and don’t use 30 different package managers. And especially not Discover.

It’s NEVER USE discover.

I have Discover installed on my other systems, I don’t recall proactively installing it (on the 2nd and 3rd) but I might’ve, but I certainly don’t recall installing the older mesa flatpak…besides commentary on Discover or other package managers, can I safely uninstall said flatpak?

Awesome. Thank you.

Just use the Pamac GUI that came installed with Manjaro and just don’t enable Flatpak or Snap in the first place. Only use Pamac to see what dates you have and then do the updates from terminal.