Issues with Xmg core 15 amd 2021

Hello everyone,
Yesterday i received this laptop and i immediately installed Manjaro KDE. I have different issues:

• first of all, the LCD brightness doesn’t change; the fn keyboard works (as i can see the progress bar) but no response from the screen. (i tried to change the grub line but maybe i wrote the wrong line).
  • Ethernet cable not recognized (in the live usb it worked).
  • Did i have to setup something since i have hybrid laptop (AMD ryzen 7 + Nvidia geforce 3060 mobile). Manjaro managed to install the video-hybrid. I installed optimus manager and optimus manager qt.

Thanks for your patience! :slight_smile:

Context:

I own “Illegear Onyx V Ryzen” (which is the Malaysian equivalent of XMG Core 15)
AMD Ryzen 4800H, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650.

Last week I installed Manjaro 21.0.5 (Dual boot mode with Windows 10 installed on a separate SSD)

Ethernet cable is detected and works for me. However, there are issues with backlight brightness control.

Issue:

Brightness control worked perfectly (both keyboard shortcut and brightness bar) on the live CD. But after installation, brightness controls stopped working.

What I tried:

1. Updated /etc/default/grub file with following values
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="acpi_osi=Linux acpi_backlight=video"
  2. update-grub
  3. reboot

Observations after the change:

1. Brightness control works
    a) If my last exit from Windows 10 was a restart and login to Manjaro immediately after the update-grub and reboot
  2. Brightness control never works
    a) If I reboot Manjaro without an update-grub
    b) Or if I shut down Windows and log in to Manjaro

So if I happened to log in to Windows 10, I always do a reboot instead of a shutdown and do an update-grub before leaving Manjaro.

This works so far. But do not know the root cause.

Thanks for helping me. I tried as you suggest with no result.

GRUB_DEFAULT=saved
GRUB_TIMEOUT=5
GRUB_TIMEOUT_STYLE=hidden
GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR="Manjaro"
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet apparmor=1 security=apparmor udev.log_priority=3"
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="acpi_osi=Linux acpi_backlight=video"

Does the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT change something?

Ethernet works during liveUSB and after the reboot. After the second reboot it stopped working.

EDIT: Ethernet works if i shutdown then turn on the laptop. If i restart (or reboot from terminal) it doesn’t