Disable node suspension in WirePlumber

Hi,

I upgraded my system today and noticed that wireplumber replaces pipewire-media-session now. After restarting my PC following the update, I found that the sound nodes were suspending and causing “popping” sounds when playing sound. I had a similar issue with pipewire-media-session but was able to fix it by editing /etc/pipewire/media-session/media-session.conf and commenting out:

suspend-node # suspend inactive nodes

I can’t seem to find a similar option in the wireplumber configuration file. Is there something that should be added to the default configuration to add this feature or does this not exist in wireplumber yet?

Thanks!

1 Like

I only found this about configuring wireplumber:
https://pipewire.pages.freedesktop.org/wireplumber/

Maybe wireplumber use the same configuration files from pipewire-media-session, don`t know, I will do some tests.
I didn’t made any changes in my personal configs in /home/sergio/.config/pipewire/media-session.d and is working as expected with wireplumber.

But, you can disable suspend-node in the file “media-session.conf” on the directory /home/“user”/.config/pipewire/media-session.d ??

My answer to this is so confuse and I think that somebody could explain more clearly.

I think I found the soultion:
edit /usr/share/wireplumber/main.lua.d/90-enable-all.lua file and comment “load_script(“suspend-node.lua”)” with –

1 Like

I am looking for a way of when I connect my bluetooth headphones, wireplumber switch automatically to it’s output.
Wireplumber does not have any user configuration.

I was researching for that as well and found this.

To tell wireplumber to select a BT headphone by default:
pactl load-module module-switch-on-connect

1 Like

Thanks,
I copied /usr/share/pipewire/pipewire-pulse.conf to /home/sergio/.config/pipewire and remove the “#” from the line

#{ path = “pactl” args = “load-module module-switch-on-connect” }

1 Like