Diminished USB-C Functionality on Pinebook Pro

Since the last update was sent out, I am seeing diminished functionality with some USB-C features.

The features that no longer work

• USB-C Charging
  • Video USB-C to HDMI through Pine64 USB-C Dock

The kernel is 5.9.13-1-MANJARO-ARM
As a side note, HDMI sound output through USB-C didn’t work before the update.

The only real observable behavior is flickering of the charging status and screen brightness when attached to a USB-C charging device. Prior to this update I only charged my PBP through USB-C.

I’d be glad to provide logs or other information that would be useful. If this is a bug and should be put elsewhere, I’d be happy to do that.

Thanks!

Yeah. I swear I used to be able to charge my PBP using USB-C PD from a power pack. When I try now, the charging symbols appears and disappears every second or so. I can still charge it via a USB-A to USB-C cable.

For those who are facing charging issue with usb-c should revert back to linux-pinebookpro package until the issue is fixed.

I will do more testing on this and inform the kernel developer but I don’t expect it to be fixed this year as we should let the developers enjoy his Christmas peacefully. :wink:

1 Like

That worked wonderfully. Thanks!

I’ve written some kernel modules in the past, I know how it goes. Ultimately, I’ve seen my PBP go from being a neat toy to being a daily driver thanks to the hard work of the Manjaro team; so, no complaints here.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.