Device hardware support status?

I’ve got an RPI 4B and literally everything works in manjaro: Audio, wifi, BT, 3d, hw video decode, what more could you ask for? Well, I was thinking of getting an Odroid n2+ and check’n out those a73 cores. I’ve been searching around and found some odroid n2 threads but haven’t been able to put together a solid picture of the current status for this device, as in what features work on stable, what are in testing, and which are forthcoming.

Is there a wiki page that shows this or similar? The devices are listed as supported and have prebuilt images, but obviously this doesn’t mean every single thing works perfectly at the moment.

How does one find out the current hardware support status on the various devices/systems?

Thanks in advance!

Wayne

Here you go:

https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php/Manjaro-ARM#Hardkernel

(PS - I notice you are knowledgeable about ARM and do some of your own testing and such … please feel free to suggest anything you think could be added to the new Manjaro-ARM wiki page :slightly_smiling_face:)

1 Like

I had actually run across this previously, but what it’s not really showing is what the status is for things like 3d acceleration, audio, etc. Any ideas?

I dont have any such devices, so I would be the wrong one to answer.
Maybe someone else will come along…

Regarding the Odroid N2(+) the support is as follows:

3D acceleration: Works if you use Mesa 20.3 or above. Just no OpenGL in Plasma desktop.
Sound: The HDMI audio cards are detected by the kernel.
PWM/Fan: No idea really. I haven’t been able to push mine above 50 C degrees and the first trip point is around 80 C. So I haven’t had my fan running yet.

The AMLogic boards are the newest SoC’s we support, so it is still a work in progress.

I was reading on the odroid forum that hardware decode like h.264 is not ready yet in general, at least in the mainline kernel. Is this still the case?

I run plasma and turn off composition usually because at least on the pi it slows down video pretty good.

Well. It’s ready in the kernel, but userspace applications are not ready for it yet, since it’s using stateless kernel drivers.