Dev/sda1: clean message, font size

Having had no success searching the web or indeed this forum, I’m really hoping someone can help please.
I’m running KDE Plasma Version 5.22.5. Kernal version 5.14.10-1 Manjaro(64-bit)
Hardware 4 x AMD Athlon 300G with Radeon Vega Graphics. 7.7 Gib RAM.
NVA8 Graphics Processor.

When first installed on a SSD. the dev/sda message was small (2mm) High.
After restoring to an m2 sata drive, the dev/sda message is now (6mm) High.

I understand what the message means and also realise it’s not causing a problem as such. My request please is how can the message font size be reset.
Where possible please respond with directions/instructions that can be copied & pasted. I can open a terminal but anything else often times just cant be understood.
Many thanks for your time.

ctrl + shift + c to copy text from terminal
use `` to make text look like this and try ctrl + - to resize text
which terminal are you using konsole or something else

I assume that by restore you mean restored your data after a reinstall (not a complete system).

The size of the font depends on the screen mode and has nothing to do with your restore of data.

It depends on when the modesetting kicks in during system start.

I have no experience with AMD graphics and CPU but I can recommend the Arch wiki - try searching for mode setting

From the wiki:
You can try by adding amdgpu to

/etc/mkinitcpio.conf
MODULES=(amdgpu) 
mkinitcpio -P
reboot

Thank you for a fast response. I don’t need to copy text, just to reset the size of it in the message that appears at boot. My apologies for not making that clear.

thats a bug of amd apu i also use amd apu i also see message many a times
its like backlight something

what does this mean MODULES="crc32c"??

Thank you for you help. I’d love to do that but I don’t know how. Honestly I only know how to open a terminal {Konsole)

its simple open terminal do sudo nano /etc/mkinitcpio.conf to edit /etc/mkinitcpio.conf
then change MODULES=(amdgpu) then at bottom you will see how to exit it ctrl+ x
then yes then when you exit it do mkinitcpio -P then reboot

I’m truly sorry, I did say I just don’t understand things. I’ve opened a terminal & copied/pasted the info, cant figure how to change to MODULES=(amdgpu). Where is the change to be made & how please?

do sudo nano /etc/mkinitcpio.conf it will show /etc/mkinitcpio.conf now edit line in mine this wasMODULES="crc32c" i changed it to MODULES=(amdgpu) do ctrl + x to save it

for better understanding and editing and for future in terminal dogit clone https://aur.archlinux.org/yay.git then cd yay then make it by makepkg -si this is used to build aur package then yay -s visual-studio-code-bin choose package and install the vs code then edit any file eg here code /etc/mkinitcpio.conf while saving at bottom right it prompt to try with sudo / root then do it and your file is saved this only occur when editing system/root files

and no need to be sorry about

Thank you so much for your help. Unfortunately I’ts not working so I’m missing something. I’ll try again another time. I will let you know when its right. Many thanks again.

Ps You have tried really hard for me for which I’m truly grateful but this part might just as well be in Russian. I just do not understand.

“for better understanding and editing and for future in terminal dogit clone https://aur.archlinux.org/yay.git then cd yay then make it by makepkg -si this is used to build aur package then yay -s visual-studio-code-bin choose package and install the vs code then edit any file eg here code /etc/mkinitcpio.conf while saving at bottom right it prompt to try with sudo / root then do it and your file is saved this only occur when editing system/root files”

Then I can’t do anything I am not a Russian writer you can translate it with Google Translater

Please explain how to open the file /etc/default/grub in Kate

It is not set by anything I know of - so a guide you read somewhere and forgot about?

There’s a lot I don’t know - so with Linux related stuff I search the Arch wiki - what I found seems to be some kind of hardware acceleration for filesystem checksums.

E.g. for ext4 - but pages exist for other file systems as well

Kate etc/mkinitcpio.conf