Dev/KVM not found

Hello,

Could you please help me with KVM ? I need this in android studio and the error is /dev/KVM is not found. I tried to install this from one of tutorials but manjaro is not supporting yaourt anymore. I also checked and i can use KVM but the problem is i dont have some files like /dev/KVM or to use command with kvm_intel. Thanks in advance for help and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Hello,

Right, but any AUR helper would do it, aka instead of yaourt you use trizen or yay ... or you can use pamac build <package_name> if is from AUR.

Do you have virt-manager and/or libvirt+ qemu packages installed (from community + extra), system rebooted after that, then start configuring what you want ?
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/KVM

I did this:
sudo pacman -S qemu virt-manager virt-viewer dnsmasq vde2 bridge-utils openbsd-netcat

sudo pacman -S ebtables iptables

sudo pacman -Syy

I also tried: sudo pacman -S trizen but i have an error that installation pacman 5.2.1-1 will destroy dependencies pacman<5.2

I have same issue my /dev/kvm cant be find I try all possible ways

please first check pamac if kvm and libvirt package are installed. also check your bios that virtualization options are enabled.

libvirt is installed kvm dont exist in bios my virtualization is enabled

please check the status of libvirtd. 'systemctl status libvirtd'

● libvirtd.service - Virtualization daemon
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/libvirtd.service; enabled; vendor pr>
Active: active (running) since Sun 2019-12-15 11:22:43 CET; 30min ago
Docs: man:libvirtd(8)
https://libvirt.org
Main PID: 616 (libvirtd)
Tasks: 17 (limit: 32768)
Memory: 48.3M
CGroup: /system.slice/libvirtd.service
└─616 /usr/bin/libvirtd

Dec 15 11:22:43 bajro17-pc systemd[1]: Started Virtualization daemon.
Dec 15 11:22:43 bajro17-pc libvirtd[616]: libvirt version: 5.9.0
Dec 15 11:22:43 bajro17-pc libvirtd[616]: hostname: bajro17-pc
Dec 15 11:22:43 bajro17-pc libvirtd[616]: Libvirt doesn't support VirtualBox AP>
Dec 15 11:22:43 bajro17-pc libvirtd[616]: cannot open directory '/run/media/baj>
Dec 15 11:22:43 bajro17-pc libvirtd[616]: internal error: Failed to autostart s>
Dec 15 11:22:43 bajro17-pc libvirtd[616]: Unable to open /dev/kvm: No such file>
Dec 15 11:22:43 bajro17-pc libvirtd[616]: Unable to open /dev/kvm: No such file>

okay, qemu is also installed ?

yes it is

are there error messages if you start 'virt-manager' from a console ?

No it start normal but in android studio dont work

okay that shows that your problem is not kvm related but there is something at android studio. the virtualization is not the problem you have to check android studio.

I reinstall manjaro try install without android studio same thing happen again I notice when I go in /dev folder there is no kvm

may you post the output of 'lsmod | grep kvm' and also 'LC_ALL=C lscpu | grep Virtualization'

Finally I fix it in bios I turn on vt-d and save but nothing happen again I enter I see it enable new option to select Intel virtualization technology

okay, but you should have checked it already as i mentioned in previous posts. so i hope everything will work now as you started the vm-support in the bios.

Yes I check this vt-d but after I enable it then it add this new option for select Intel virtualization before it dont be there

everything solved ? if so please mark it as solved.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by