How to get Windows boot loader menu in Grub?

I have 2 hard drives on my system. Windows is loaded in 1 drive entirely and in another drive, Manjaro is installed entirely. Windows was installed first then Manjaro. At the time of installing I have chosen the /boot folder to load my grub menu. After installation windows boot option is not there. But if I change my boot order from Bios to windows then windows starts as usual. Can I get some help to fix this problem? I also have updated the grub using sudo pacman -Syu grub & tried all other things from the forum on this topic. But nothing works.

What things?

In order for Grub to detect and add a Windows entry, both systems need to be installed the same way (both MBR, or both UEFI).

If this is the case, make sure GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER=false is set in /etc/default/grub and update Grub. Do not reinstall grub package like you did, but execute:

sudo update-grub

:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I’ve marked this answer as the solution to your question as it is by far the best answer you’ll get.

However, if you disagree with my choice, please feel free to take any other answer as the solution to your question or even remove the solution altogether: You are in control! (If you disagree with my choice, just send me a personal message and explain why I shouldn’t have done this or :heart: or :+1: if you agree)

:innocent:
P.S. In the future, please don’t forget to come back and click the 3 dots below the answer to mark a solution like this below the answer that helped you most:
Solution
so that the next person that has the exact same problem you just had will benefit from your post as well as your question will now be in the “solved” status.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.