Desktop suddenly changed completely

Hello,

I was just installing eclipse-java (to my /opt), and it works correctly. Then, I wanted to add a shortcut to it to my menu through the “Menu Editor” but I kept clicking on it and nothing popped up. I then tried to open other windows but nothing worked anymore so I just did a reboot.
Now, everything is still there and everything works, but my xfce seems to have reverted to a very strange style.

For some reason I am not allowed to link any screenshots or anything, but the imgur code to the screenshot is UT4ZNqJ

How do I get the default manjaro xfce configuration back? Why did this happen?
Thanks anyone!

Welcome to the Forum!

It looks like you lost somehow the Manjaro Xfce configurations and ended up with the default theming of Xfce.

To revert back, copy the content of the directory /etc/skel/ (the content of this directory is hidden, so make sure to show hidden files/folders) to your home directory and logout/login to see if that helped.

Make sure to create a backup of your home directory first.

1 Like

Hello, thank you for your kind reply.
I did this and nothing really happened aside from me seeing the welcome window again. Desktop is unchanged. Creating a new user, the new user has the old xfce configurations and all. Could I perhaps copy the new user’s configurations to my “broken” user’s xfce? How would I do that?

SOLVED: created new user (which automatically spawns with the correct xfce4 config files) and copied them over and replaced original user’s config files in

~/.config/xfce4

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.