Dell XPS 13 7390 2-in-1 (2019)

Hi, I want to install Manjaro on my XPS 13 7390 2-in-1 laptop. After I booted from the USB stick, KDE went haywire. I barely was able to click on anything. Is my laptop compatible with Manjaro? Is there anything I can do to help me install it.

Thanks

well your laptop is known as a compatible device. the only thing that won't work is the fingerprint-sensor. it should not be a problem of the hardware.

thank you for the reply. Do you have any idea why KDE is acting like that when I boot from the live USB? All windows, menus, and buttons are not functioning properly. It is not clickable and it disappear when I move the mouse pointer over it

not really, but i know that usb-sticks can cause problems. sounds weird but i would burn a dvd and try it from there again. are you using your touchpad or a external mice ?

Touchpad

well this could be a problem if its not detected in the right manner. can you try a external mice ?

Even if I manage to run the installer, it is not detecting my internal SSD drive

if the ssd is not detected it may be a problem with the bios settings. you can find information at the dell homepage.
check this
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dell_XPS_15_9570#UEFI
and this

So, here is what I did, I was able to see my hard drive by switching from RAID to AHCI; but to be able to access my Windows installation (Dual Boot) I did the following:

1. Run MSCONFIG
  2. Enable Safe Boot (minimal)
  3. Reboot into UEFI/BIOS and change from RAID to AHCI
  4. Boot up into safe mode
  5. Run MSCONFIG and disable Safe Boot.
  6. Reboot

Then I installed Manjaro.

however, KDE is still broken after boot

okay but your windows is still working ? in this case check youtube and other sources for "manjaro windows dualboot". there are a lot of tutorials how to set up the dualboot.

p.s.: what do you mean with still broken ? this is a information that doesn't help because it can mean anything. without some clearer description is it impossible to understand. it will turn out in guessing that will not help you.

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I successfully installed Manjaro along with Windows and now I have both Windows and Manjaro installed on my laptop (dual boot).

The problem is, when I choose Manjaro from Grub boot menu and after I enter my password, the background on the desktop disappear and turn into black, icons on the task bar dislocated from its normal places and become un-clickable, start menu is not working and even right/left clicks are not functioning properly.

okay that's something we can start with. can you open a terminal and post the output of 'inxi -Fxz' and what kind of gui are you using ? plasma,gnome or whatever ?

Hi Olli,
KDE was really broken to the point I was not able to open the terminal. I found the solution on one of the forums, all I have to do is issue the following command then restart,

pamac remove xf86-video-intel

Thank you for your help

Forum kindly sponsored by