DeLinuxCo Cinnamon Spin

My brother and I are the IT support team for our families, we had settled on using Manjaro Cinnamon as the desktop and distro since it was the most customizable for our needs. With in a few months we realized we needed a a standardized ISO for installing on family computers. Since my brother and I are workstation users we decided to create a Manajro Cinnamon Spin dedicated to a workstation environment.

Some quick features:

• Intelligently hiding top and bottom panels including auto hiding in maximized windows
  • Large application panel for application launchers
  • Full backup suite, Timeshift and BackInTime
  • Clipit Clipboard preinstalled
  • Ksnip, screenshot tool preinstalled
  • Nitroshare preinstalled for sharing files and folders on local network
  • Customized Nemo file manager including media file info tab
  • Redshift applet installed
  • Albert search tool Ctrl+Alt+S
  • ICE-SSB, create isolated web apps
  • Beautified terminal with lsd as an alternative to ls
  • Hardware enabled Firefox and Chromium

Default Apps
Kdenlive (appimage)
Cinelerra Video Editor
Gimp
ardour
audacity
blender
bluefish
bluegriffon
clipit
chromium
darktable
evolution
gscan2pdf
inkscape
libreoffice-fresh
LMMS
lsd
simplescreenrecorder
syncthing
pulseaudio-equalizer-ladspa
qalculate-gtk

https://www.delinuxco.com

2 Likes

No longer being maintained…

I changed my mind… I could not stand to see my little project die! New ISO now available!

1 Like

CV or GG? Have you created a repository?

I have a repository for DeLinuxCo, yes, it has the Cinelerra-GG Infinity AppImage as a Package. I also added the AppImage in the AUR. Just do an AUR search for cin-appimage

Why, when Linux Mint has Webapp Manager? It’s originally based on Peppermint’s ICE, but there hasn’t been much development there since one of the team members died. Very sad.

@Yochanan I have removed ICE-SSB from the current iso, Google flubbered that who thing up. In Chrome and Chromium, even if you create SSB’s they are no longer separate. It’s a disaster. I will have to look at Webapp Manager to see if they can get around the current issue. Thanks for the tip!