Default Manjaro boot screen vanished (vendor label with dots and Manjaro logo)

Hello,

I have the same problem as Blixer (see it). This happened since I removed gnome-shell-maia package. the ‘Quiet splash’ options are available in the /etc/default/grub file. I don’t know how to recover this splash screen since I’ve got a grey screen with four dots in the upper left side of the screen.

Can you help me ?

Thanks.

is grub-theme-manjaro installed? This is just a very simple boot screen. Maybe you are referring to Plymouth?

Does your grub file in /etc/default/ have this included?:

# Uncomment one of them for the gfx desired, a image background or a gfxtheme
#GRUB_BACKGROUND="/usr/share/grub/background.png"
GRUB_THEME="/usr/share/grub/themes/manjaro/theme.txt"

Hi @AlanP,

Please provide the output of:

cat /etc/default/grub

Hi,

when I launch the ‘sudo update-grub’ command line, I see that it use the ‘/usr/share/grub/themes/manjaro/theme.txt’ file. Is Manjaro using a plymouth theme by default ? It is very strange that I have a grey screen with 4 small dots in upper left when the system starts, because when I shutdown the computer, the splash screen is ok.

Thanks.

XFCE doesn’t. I think one of gnome or KDE does.

edit: It looks like a gnome thing…

As I said when I shutdown the computer, the splash screen is ok. Very strange.

You can read some about Plymouth here:

I have a question. The Manjaro splash screen with the vendor logo, dots and Manjaro watermark is available in which package ? In the Plymouth-theme-Manjaro package ?

Is Plymouth set by default in Manjaro for splash screen ?

KDE also now ships with this Plymouth thing… At least my last VM installation had this installed and showing at boot.

The three dots thing also appeared in place of the Plymouth Manjaro boot animation, when the VM default video adapter was selected (and then it wasn’t booting most of the time), and switching to the VboxSVGA one fixes it all.

Check your logs maybe it has issues with video adapter/drivers.

Hi,

Plymouth-theme-Manjaro is the default splash screen for Manjaro. I installed it on Manjaro Cinnamon edition with plymouth and it is the same splash screen as the Manjaro Gnome edition. :slightly_smiling_face:

Both XFCE and KDE have it after 22.0 release.

1 Like

I used the ‘sudo mkinitcpio -p linux61’ command line and it seems to be ok for now. I encountered the same problem with Manjaro Cinnamon after installing plymouth and plymouth-theme-manjaro. I’m waiting some days to see if it is ok and then I will close the topic.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.