Deepin Wallpaper Chooser Bug

deepin

Where are the wallpaper settings??

Oberon fixed something
https://github.com/oberon-manjaro/deepin-wallpapers/tree/master

Writing from my Xfce WM :wink:

choose a wallpaper from your desktop menu. In Deepin it is a right click on an empty space.

So you can only select not make settings.

After update

community/deepin-desktop-schemas-manjaro  3.2.13-1      3.2.14-2               0,00 MiB             0,04 MiB
community/deepin-wallpapers               1:20180404-1  1:20180615-1           0,01 MiB            36,57 MiB

missing img

Warnung: konnte Dateiinformationen für var/cache/image-blur/13ada65a5cf7674cb0a68dd1db9cb37c.jpg nicht ermitteln
Warnung: konnte Dateiinformationen für var/cache/image-blur/eff98ab2b2d91574a79fabd2b79eb7a9.jpg nicht ermitteln

Those were “my” blur img’s. Luckily these are now black and not white like last time :slight_smile:

In /usr/share/backgrounds/deepin are not my current one.

Desktop

Current is in /usr/share/backgrounds/
In last sessions it was full with all backgrounds, see 1.
I could choose my old + “new” backgrounds

to choose

1. My special workaround is in link in 2nd answer here.

Deepin Image Viewer dos not work. fixed

➜  ~ deepin-image-viewer                    
deepin-image-viewer: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libfreeimage.so.3: undefined symbol: _ZTIN7Iex_2_27BaseExcE

[Testing Update] 2018-06-16 - Kernels, KDE Plasma, Firefox, Haskell, Python

Unfortunately not only does Deepin use unorthodox paths for their wallpapers, the DE also expects them as given and on top of that, sometimes they randomly change it, sigh :roll_eyes:
So since most recently, Deepin wallpapers reside in /usr/share/wallpapers/deepin and both our deepin-wallpapers and deepin-desktop-schemas-manjaro packages needed adjustment.
They have been fixed now but I’m afraid manual intervention will be needed to adjust your wallpaper settings, depending on what you had configured.
Here it shows again that Deepin just isn’t a rolling release desktop. Like that it’s sometimes a bumpy road for us, sorry! :wink:

No problem :wink: if I don’t want to fiddle around I take “Mint” :smiley: "but that’s the attraction here.
I know how to do it now that you called the new path.
/usr/share/wallpapers/deepin

So, I once renamed /backgrounds (/usr/share/backgrounds/), makes no difference. No longer in use.
I’ll work on it later. The resolution (3840x2160) of my jpg will hardly be the reason.

After last Update (on testing),deepin-image-viewer work.As I said my deepin-image-viewer doesn’t work anymore, how about that for you.

To get the login/logout screen “blur” I blurt “my” desktop image.
convert wallpaper.jpg -filter Gaussian -blur 0x16 wallpaper-blur.jpg

2 files had to be changed (132kB, black only) to /var/cache/image-blur/

for me

var/cache/image-blur/13ada65a5cf7674cb0a68dd1db9cb37c.jpg
var/cache/image-blur/eff98ab2b2d91574a79fabd2b79eb7a9.jpg

After copying, several others (black) were automatically converted (???) Anyway, it works for me now.

If that happens again, I’ll write me a script for it :wink:

I am no top photographer but here it should be blur ;)

image11

[Stable Update] 2018-06-10 - Kernels, KDE Apps, LibreOffice, Firefox, GCC, Gambas, Deepin

R u kidding me? I did what i described earlier with /usr/share/backgrounds/deepin and all my wallpapers where back. Now I took a look into /usr/share/wallpapers/deepin. There are wallpapers too. So just to test it i changed the deepin dir there into something else. Now, when i select the Wallpaperpicker from the desktop menu, nothing shows up. What the heck is going on here? How can it change path from backgrounds to wallpapers just like that?

1:1Arg:Isl :slight_smile:
You’ll have to ask the makers of Deepin :smiley:
It works for me as I wrote.

Zusammenfassung

it looks like Oberon fixed the blur script for the lockscreen wallpaper using the .sh file, it sounded like the native script didn’t auto-generate a blurred background from what I’ve read. good catch :slight_smile:

so are you saying your solution allows for the wallpaper chooser to display both the original wallpapers from the /background folder and also downloaded wallpapers from /wallpapers folder simultaneously?

Not sure, if you never change to own wallpaper, all is fine.
I changed to 3840x2160 backgrounds, and the problems starts after some deepin updates :slight_smile:

Deepin-session-ui 4.4.5 update in testing is broken. Looks like Arch maintainer didn’t look at upgrade before proposing it. Ouch!

See this bug report: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/59036

Looks like a new deepin-session-ui package will be imported soon!

2018-06-17-150733_1920x1080_scrot

Oh, I am so thankful for this new disourse plugin, @jonathon :rofl:

Linuxdeepin isn’t a rolling release model, so it’s no problem for them to come up with whatever for a new release without bothering about ‘upgradability’… :wink:

As long as you select your greeter-background with the wallpaper-chooser it should be fine. Not sure, yet about what happens by default on a fresh install without user interference …

All is blank… Light gray background and white letters and symbols for both login and logout screen. And also for Deepin 15.6 “hello screen” … Ouch!

You are talking about a live-environment of an ISO built with latest packages?
I am about to fix that for Manjaro packages. I think the culprit is a wrong symlink here.

Should be fixed also for the live-environment with pkgs
deepin-desktop-schemas-manjaro-3.2.14-3 and
deepin-wallpapers-1:20180617-1.

Looking good now:

Thx @oberon

Only FYI.
All looks ok but in update dos not find …

Warnung: konnte Dateiinformationen für usr/share/wallpapers/deepin/desktop.jpg nicht ermitteln
Warnung: konnte Dateiinformationen für usr/share/wallpapers/default_background.jpg nicht ermitteln
:: Verarbeite Paketänderungen...
Zusammenfassung
Paket (2)                                 Alte Version  Neue Version  Netto-Veränderung  Größe des Downloads

community/deepin-desktop-schemas-manjaro  3.2.14-2      3.2.14-3               0,00 MiB             0,04 MiB
community/deepin-wallpapers               1:20180615-1  1:20180617-1          -0,01 MiB            36,56 MiB

Gesamtgröße des Downloads:           36,61 MiB
Gesamtgröße der installierten Pakete:  39,61 MiB
Größendifferenz der Aktualisierung:  -0,01 MiB

:: Installation fortsetzen? [J/n] 
:: Empfange Pakete...
 deepin-wallpapers-1:20180617-1-any                              36,6 MiB  6,29M/s 00:06 [####################################################]  99%
 deepin-desktop-schemas-manjaro-3.2.14-3-any                     36,6 MiB  6,20M/s 00:06 [####################################################] 100%
(2/2) Prüfe Schlüssel im Schlüsselring                                                   [####################################################] 100%
(2/2) Überprüfe Paket-Integrität                                                         [####################################################] 100%
(2/2) Lade Paket-Dateien                                                                 [####################################################] 100%
(2/2) Prüfe auf Dateikonflikte                                                           [####################################################] 100%
(2/2) Überprüfe verfügbaren Festplattenspeicher                                          [####################################################] 100%
Warnung: konnte Dateiinformationen für usr/share/wallpapers/deepin/desktop.jpg nicht ermitteln
Warnung: konnte Dateiinformationen für usr/share/wallpapers/default_background.jpg nicht ermitteln
:: Verarbeite Paketänderungen...
(1/2) Aktualisiere deepin-wallpapers                                                     [####################################################] 100%
(2/2) Aktualisiere deepin-desktop-schemas-manjaro                                        [####################################################] 100%

deep-sea.jpg is not my default wallpaper.

DeepinBildschirmfoto_Bereich%20ausw%C3%A4hlen_20180617193819

deep_sea.jpg is in /usr/share/wallpapers/ 400,6kB.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

desktop.jpg is not deep_see.jpg

I changed beetween again to my wall.jpg, restart. Same in directories, but are ok =

Wallper, Logout-blur and Login-blur is my wall.jpg which I copied in, as a fix, from before.

No. A freshly installed and upgraded version. Bad symlinks!

And your package is ok :slight_smile: