Manjaro XFCE GUI broken after boot

Hello, I am having a somewhat serious problem with my GUI.

When I booted up my laptop today, the desktop image was missing, the desktop icons are missing and when I open an app the tab doesn’t appear down there and I can’t close most of apps after opening them (even trying to force kill them with Ctrl + Alt + X) including terminal, file manager, browser and when I click an app to focus the other ones don’t “go behind it”.

This is basically unusable and I really want to fix it without resorting to reinstalling the whole system.

I’ve tried to search for this problem but didn’t seem to find it, I’m relatively new to Linux and this forum so sorry if i’m breaking any convention.

Running journalctl -p err -b gives me the following:
mar 19 12:27:02 hppavilionlaptop15ck0xx kernel: x86/cpu: SGX disabled by BIOS.
mar 19 12:27:02 hppavilionlaptop15ck0xx kernel:
mar 19 12:27:04 hppavilionlaptop15ck0xx libvirtd[695]: cannot open directory ‘/run/media/daro-almeida/HDD 1/isos’: No such file or directory
mar 19 12:27:04 hppavilionlaptop15ck0xx libvirtd[695]: internal error: Failed to autostart storage pool ‘isos’: cannot open directory ‘/run/media/daro-almeida/HDD 1/isos’: No such file or directory
mar 19 12:27:37 hppavilionlaptop15ck0xx lightdm[1184]: gkr-pam: unable to locate daemon control file

Any other information need be provided for help please ask me.

Thank you very much in advance.

Other possibly useful specs:
Kernel: 5.15.28-1-MANJARO
DE: Xfce 4.16

It’s as if the window manager didn’t start correctly. You could try restarting it from the application launcher (Alt+F2):

xfwm4 --replace
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.