Dbus error, sound gone after replacing lightdm with ly

Hi, I decided to replace lightdm with ly: GitHub - fairyglade/ly: display manager with console UI after learning about it today.

I followed the guide on GitHub, deleted lightdm and removed /etc/systemd/system/display-manager.service as noted in this video: Ly - A Nerd's Display Manager - YouTube to bypass an error message that prevented the ly.service from starting. After reboot, the ly login works without issues, but

1. I get the “Unable to get connection to the message bus session” error with this output: Error spawning command line “dbus-launch --autolaunch=9251940c30734093a2685b41642c1722 --binary-syntax --close-stderr”: Child process exited with code 1

and

1. Sound is gone, with Pulseaudio selector not showing the output device anymore

I since reinstalled lightdm and its dependencies, but this hasn’t fixed the two issues.

Any ideas what is causing this and how to fix?

I’m running X11, i3wm and my i3 config file is here: i3wm config - Pastebin.com

This is the output of inxi -Fazy: inxi -Fazy - Pastebin.com

And this is the output of pacmd dump:

Okay, I reinstalled lightdm and replaced ly with it, and now the sound is back after I log in. But does anyone know what exactly causes the error message and the sound issue? I’d like to try switching to ly again but without the error.

None of your sound servers is running.

systemctl --user enable pipewire.service pipewire.socket wireplumber.service

Thank you. Was that disabled by switching display managers? And does the dbus error also refer to that?