Darktable 4.0.0 update

It’s almost a month since the release of darktable 4.0.0 , so, any idea when it’s going to be the update for manjaro without flatpak? thank you.

And which version is in repo? Did you even check?

1 Like

Not sure what do you mean, but these are the options that appear in pamac, i’ve installed the first one (official repositories)…and the only 4.0.0 version is the flatpak :S

Rrefresh, according to the Manjaro Packages page, Darktable 4.0.0 is in stable.

1 Like

Unfortunately it is not in stable even after updating database darktable 4.xx is not avaiable.

Maybe mirrors still need to sync up, I just checked for myself and am able to grab it from the community repo.

$ pamac info darktable                                            
Name                  : darktable
Version               : 2:4.0.0-1
Description           : Utility to organize and develop raw images
URL                   : https://darktable.org
Licenses              : GPL3
Repository            : community
Installed Size        : 29.6 MB
Groups                : --
Depends On            : pugixml libjpeg-turbo colord-gtk libgphoto2 openexr
                        lensfun iso-codes zlib exiv2 flickcurl openjpeg2
                        graphicsmagick lua osm-gps-map libsecret openmp gmic
                        libavif jasper
Optional Dependencies : dcraw: base curve script
                        perl-image-exiftool: base curve script [Installed]
                        imagemagick: base curve and noise profile scripts [Installed]
                        ghostscript: noise profile script [Installed]
                        portmidi: game and midi controller input devices
                        gnuplot: noise profile script
Provides              : --
Replaces              : --
Conflicts With        : --
Packager              : Bruno Pagani <archange@archlinux.org>
Build Date            : Sat 02 Jul 2022 10:45:09 AM PDT
Validated By          : MD5 Sum  SHA-256 Sum  Signature

It is since the 2022-07-12 update in stable repositories.

Not sure if I understood all of the comments, but then, why it doesn’t appear in Pamac for update? what i understood is that it’s supposed to be updated right?

Because you don’t have up to date mirrors. Try some others.

1 Like

Oh ok…found that update option in the pamac preferences, so, i should do that refresh manually from time to time? (new to linux yet :S ) and also, had the from everywhere mirrors…should i select them manually too? i’m from Mexico. Thanks by the way.

Also, i’ve updated all of them, and still getting the same versions as the beginning :confused: not the 4.0.0 in the official repositories, only Flatpak :confused:

But wait! i’ve updated the data bases from pamac and THAT WAS IT! it took a looong way and even a restart for it to finish but now it is just fine and updated! as the mirrors, didn’t know this had to be manually… O_o

Didn’t understood where to refresh, but found it on the three point menu of pamac, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.