Custom Sauerbraten Icon Texture Pack to Make it look Fabulous!

artwork
kde
stable
games

I have been working on this project for quite a while and I am pleased to announce that I have finished it! If you like the first person shooter game Sauerbraten as much as me then I have a treat for you! In this icon texture pack theme that I made for Sauerbraten you will be able to make your Sauerbraten game look a bit nicer as this texture pack will make your menus have a blue look to them. I’ll include some screenshots for this project and a GitHub link for the download.

Current Version: 2.9.17

Here are some screenshots:

Install Instructions:
First you need to download the “Sauerbraten New Textures” package and then change the ownership of the contents in the directory /opt/sauerbraten/ to your current user. To do this go to your terminal and type in the following command sudo chown (your username) -v "/opt/sauerbraten/ and repeat this step for all of the files that you will be modifying or if you have a right-click option with root commands use that. Then you need to enter the directory /opt/sauerbraten/data/ and copy the contents from your downloaded files directory ~/Sauerbraten New Textures/opt/sauerbraten/data/ and paste it into the “data” folder for your game and replace all of the conflicting files. Then you need to enter the directory /opt/sauerbraten/packages/icons/ and copy the contents from your downloads directory ~/Sauerbraten New Textures/opt/sauerbraten/packages/icons/ and paste them into the “icons” folder for your game and replace all conflicting files. Finally need to enter the directory /opt/sauerbraten/packages/hud/ and copy the contents from your downloads directory ~/Sauerbraten New Textures/opt/sauerbraten/packages/hud/ and paste them into the “hud” folder for your game and replace all conflicting files.

After this is all done your game should look beautiful and less rusty!
Please comment and let me know how I did and let me if I should improve anything else! And don’t forget to enjoy! :wink:

I'll Make You Custom Artwork!

Please let me know how I did! :wink:

In case you didn’t notice, in the screenshots the HUD still has some ugly textures which I didn’t like so I decided to fix this along with many other textures to make this look more modern! In the next update, after perfecting these textures, I will have this pack and the instructions fully available! Enjoy :wink:

Hooray! I just released the new update! Updated instructions will be provided too! :wink:

I updated the mouse texture! Now it looks better! :wink:

I noticed that I forgot to add a few icons to the repository such as the blue flag and grey blip and other icons that were very important to the overall look of the game. I will be updating the theme and maybe I will work on a new icon/texture pack theme for this game!

I just finished updating my packages and there are several new features available. Check the download page for more details!

I’m putting this post here so that the it doesn’t get closed! :wink: