Cuda-11.5.0-1 error when trying to update with pacman

Hello. I got this error when trying to update my system.(output translated from Spanish, could vary)

looking for conflicts between packages...
the metadata for the package cuda-11.5.0-1 couldn't be loaded completely
error: the operation couldn't be prepared (invalid or damaged package)

I also found that when I try to refresh my keys with pacman-key --refresh-keys I get tons of gpg errors, telling me that there is no data.

I don’t know what to do.

See:

1 Like

Hello. None of the solutions there worked for me.
The system says that it cannot find the cuda-11.5.0-1 package and then refuses to update anything. My pacman cache is empty.

Here is the full output in Spanish if it’s of any help:

:: Sincronizando las bases de datos de los paquetes...
 core                                                                                                             169,2 KiB  1128 KiB/s 00:00 [#######################################################################################] 100%
 extra                                                                                                           1920,5 KiB  19,5 MiB/s 00:00 [#######################################################################################] 100%
 community                                                                                                          6,8 MiB  45,1 MiB/s 00:00 [#######################################################################################] 100%
 multilib                                                                                                         176,4 KiB  6,38 MiB/s 00:00 [#######################################################################################] 100%
:: Iniciando actualización completa del sistema...
error: no se pudo abrir el archivo /var/lib/pacman/local/cuda-11.5.0-1/desc: No existe el fichero o el directorio
resolviendo dependencias...
buscando conflictos entre paquetes...
advertencia: no se pudieron cargar completamente los metadatos para el paquete cuda-11.5.0-1
error: no se pudo preparar la operación (paquete no válido o dañado)

Remove that directory and try again:

sud rm -rf /var/lib/pacman/local/cuda-11.5.0-1/

You might need to run sudo pacman -Fy first, then sudo pacman -Syu.

1 Like

Worked like a charm. Thanks a lot for the rapid response.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.