Failed to mount unit for core, revision 11993

At startup I am getting a message, Failed to mount unit for core, revision 11993

systemctl --failed            

UNIT                                     LOAD       ACTIVE SUB        DESCRIPTION    
var-lib-snapd-snap-core-11993.mount      loaded     failed failed     Mount unit for core, revision 11993

Hi @MSbis, and welcome!

I don’t use snap. Don’t like it. But I did a quick bit of googling, which lead me to this page, which states,

Yes. After apt update squashfuse installe successfully. snap install micro --beta was ok too.

So, check is squashfuse is installed:

$ pacs squashfuse
[...]
squashfuse                                                                                                                                                                            [Installed] 0.1.104-2               extra
FUSE filesystem to mount squashfs archives1

It’s in the extra repositories, so if it’s not installed, it can be installed using:

pamac install squashfuse

Hope this helps!

squashfuse is installed and up to date.

Post the output for:

systemctl status var-lib-snapd-snap-core-11993.mount

Please.

× var-lib-snapd-snap-core-11993.mount - Mount unit for core, revision 11993
     Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/var-lib-snapd-snap-core-11993.mount; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
     Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2021-11-22 14:34:51 +06; 16s ago
      Where: /var/lib/snapd/snap/core/11993
       What: /var/lib/snapd/snaps/core_11993.snap
        CPU: 3ms

Nov 22 14:34:51 msbis-pc systemd[1]: Mounting Mount unit for core, revision 11993...
Nov 22 14:34:51 msbis-pc mount[3132]: mount: /var/lib/snapd/snap/core/11993: mount failed: Operation not permitted.
Nov 22 14:34:51 msbis-pc systemd[1]: var-lib-snapd-snap-core-11993.mount: Mount process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Nov 22 14:34:51 msbis-pc systemd[1]: var-lib-snapd-snap-core-11993.mount: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Nov 22 14:34:51 msbis-pc systemd[1]: Failed to mount Mount unit for core, revision 11993.

Thanks! We need to find out why it doesn’t start. To that end, please provide the output for:

systemctl start var-lib-snapd-snap-core-11993.mount
systemctl start var-lib-snapd-snap-core-11993.mount
Job failed. See "journalctl -xe" for details.
journalctl -xe

░ An n/a= process belonging to unit var-lib-snapd-snap-core-11993.mount has exited.
░░ 
░░ The process' exit code is 'exited' and its exit status is 1.
Nov 22 15:01:05 msbis-pc systemd[1]: var-lib-snapd-snap-core-11993.mount: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
░░ Subject: Unit failed
░░ Defined-By: systemd
░░ Support: https://forum.manjaro.org/c/support
░░ 
░░ The unit var-lib-snapd-snap-core-11993.mount has entered the 'failed' state with result 'exit-code'.
Nov 22 15:01:05 msbis-pc systemd[1]: Failed to mount Mount unit for core, revision 11993.
░░ Subject: A start job for unit var-lib-snapd-snap-core-11993.mount has failed
░░ Defined-By: systemd
░░ Support: https://forum.manjaro.org/c/support
░░ 
░░ A start job for unit var-lib-snapd-snap-core-11993.mount has finished with a failure.
░░ 
░░ The job identifier is 2484 and the job result is failed.
Nov 22 15:01:05 msbis-pc polkitd[506]: Unr

Just a guess, but could it be possible that you removed squashfs-tools or apparmor or one of its dependencies?

NO! I have them in one piece. ( apparmor and squashfs-tools)

@megavolt, that’s exactly what I’ve been thinking as well.

@MSbis, how did you install the snap? Can you try removing it and reinstalling? (I don’t know if this will affect any data iit uses, so perhaps make a backup first, if there is anything.)

@Mirdarthos snap was preinstalled in manjaro. I have used snap for couple of times. The error was showing after I make a usb Readonly to Write & read. I don’t know what is the connection.

I might be completely wrong, but after quickly reading through this page it would seem that perhaps it is a permission, or even a space issue where the snaps are supposed to be mounted.

This leads me to ask if you’ve made any permission changes lately?

Please check the permissions:

ls -Rlah /var/lib/snapd/snap
1 Like

@Mirdarthos & @megavolt you are right maybe somehow it was missing some dependency . I have reinstalled snap and it’s working without error.

2 Likes

And yes I have changed some permissions recently.

/var/lib/snapd/snap:
total 16K
drwxr-xr-x  3 root root 4.0K Nov 22 15:24 .
drwxr-xr-x 19 root root 4.0K Nov 22 15:24 ..
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4.0K Nov 16 21:45 bin
-r--r--r--  1 root root  590 Nov 22 15:24 README

/var/lib/snapd/snap/bin:
total 8.0K
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4.0K Nov 16 21:45 .
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4.0K Nov 22 15:24 ..

That’s excellent news!

Well, don’t do it again! (I think.)

I need to access my usb so I changed the permission. @Mirdarthos & @megavolt Thanks for your time!

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.