Created my first package: Afterwriting

packaging
afterwriting

Well finally I created my own package to convert my screenplays in a industry standard format is called afterwriting and I first installed it the nodejs via, but it was a pain in the ass to update and that things. So a few days ago a read the ArchWiki and started to make my own package, is working fine on my system.
Now I’m reading the part to upload it to the AUR, but I don’t know if someone will think is useful.
Also is someone wants to check the package to see it works in other computers just let me know (and I send the PKGBUILD, I think with that is all you need to check)
See you!

EDIT: Sorry I just make the package the program is the well known Afterwriting that processes .fountain files to screenplay pdf format.

You could upload it somewhere and link to it, or just paste it as a reply (assuming it’s not massively long), then anyone can have a look.

OK! After 2 hours of reading how to upload packages to the AUR I finally uploaded it… My what a headhache for someone that only knows to write! :smiley:

Here’s the PKGBUILD:

# Maintainer: jolupa <jlpavon@me.com>
pkgname=afterwriting
pkgver=1.11.0
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="Post-processing for Fountain screenplays"
arch=('any')
url="https://github.com/ifrost/afterwriting-labs"
license=('MIT')
depends=('nodejs')
makedepends=('npm' 'jq')
source=("https://registry.npmjs.org/afterwriting/-/$pkgname-$pkgver.tgz"
        "LICENSE")
md256sums=('5f4d4d20c5029591a06c5f4636b4c5eb165ca1a852b778596519d2a16d12d5e7'
           'abb42abaef9d2198f1d38b5b40c3c8accec9a8e8bdea7b0994270d75a3beb931')
noextract=("$pkgname-$pkgver.tgz")

package() {
	npm install -g --user root --prefix "$pkgdir/usr" "$srcdir/$pkgname-$pkgver.tgz"
	find "$pkgdir/usr" -type d -exec chmod 755 {} +

# Remove references to $pkgdir
	find "$pkgdir" -type f -name package.json -print0 | xargs -0 sed -i "/_where/d"

# Remove references to $srcdir
	local tmppackage="$(mktemp)"
	local pkgjson="$pkgdir/usr/lib/node_modules/$pkgname/package.json"
	jq '.|=with_entries(select(.key|test("_.+")|not))' "$pkgjson" > "$tmppackage"
	mv "$tmppackage" "$pkgjson"
	chmod 644 "$pkgjson"

# Install license since the package doesn't include it
	install -Dm 644 "$srcdir/LICENSE" "$pkgdir/usr/share/licenses/$pkgname/LICENSE"
}

Ok, So, How can I sign the package with makepkg I visited some sites, I read the ArchWiki… but I don’t know how to get ride of the Missing integrity check for I made a gpg signature, added to the makepkg.conf but I’m facing the same problem… :frowning:

If you want makepkg to sign the package, edit /etc/makepkg.conf and change

BUILDENV=(!distcc color !ccache check !sign)

to

BUILDENV=(!distcc color !ccache check sign)

Also make sure you have set both the values:

#-- Packager: name/email of the person or organization building packages
PACKAGER=""
#-- Specify a key to use for package signing
GPGKEY=""

Otherwise, it’s easy to sign a package after it has been built using:

gpg2 -b -u YOUR@EMAIL.address the-package.pkg.tar.xz

Or if you have several to sign,

gpg2 -b --batch -u YOUR@EMAIL.address *pkg.tar.xz

Well I don’t know where’s the problem.
I modified the makepkg.conf with and without !sign I put the GPGKey="" that I think the gpg2 generated but the only why that I can build the package, on local without downlowading from AUR, is with makepkg --skipinteg So I don’t know wheres the problem… :frowning:
If I donwload from AUR I can’t build the package.

SOLVED: My god!! I’m so stupid! The problem was with not declaring well the sums, the bads are:

md256sums=('5f4d4d20c5029591a06c5f4636b4c5eb165ca1a852b778596519d2a16d12d5e7'

And the code needs to be:

sha256sums=('5f4d4d20c5029591a06c5f4636b4c5eb165ca1a852b778596519d2a16d12d5e7'

Thanks for all the help! All my fault! God! :smiley:

EDIT AGAIN: I’m thinking to let know in the Afterwriting github page that an Arch package is avalaible, but I don’t know if the people on the github page will like the idea… Any thought on that? Thanks!

You can update hash with command updpkgsums

Likely should be called nodejs-afterwriting

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Node.js_package_guidelines

Ops! Can I change that?! (I’m not very used with the git and all the package is done in what I learn in a few hours)

You could also just append --sign to the makepkg command, which takes the key specified in /etc/makepkg.conf.

Yeah! I think that the problem with the signature is solved, it was me messing with the sum files and no reading well the error… Is imperative to sign the package?

No but highly recommended if you want to publish the package.

Ok! I will try to sign the package when I comeback home. Also about changing the name I have to create a new repo on the AUR or can I change the name of the repo via git?

EDIT1: Well added the nodejs-* to the name to follow aur rules.