Crash-proof backup doesn't work

Thanks for your reply. Don’t know if /boot is compressed in my case. How to find out? Could not find any answers. Anyway tried it with current and no luck.

You didn’t read the article did you? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That’s a whole different can of worms. Search the forum by clicking the magnifying glass in the upper right corner as:

You can’t seem to locate it.

:grin:

I did and articles like that with another opinion before I made changes. Zero problems thus far. However to keep people happy I’ve changed it to:

   ~  sudo sudo sysctl vm.swappiness=10                                                                    ✔  NL  
[sudo] password for magician: 
vm.swappiness = 10

That is obviouslly not what I meant by that. I was referring to a command that shows wether or not the /boot is compressed.

Obviously using the looking class in the top right corner. :rofl:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/btrfs#View_compression_types_and_ratios

   ~  sudo compsize /boot                                                                                  ✔  NL  
[sudo] password for magician: 
Processed 373 files, 290 regular extents (290 refs), 84 inline.
Type       Perc     Disk Usage   Uncompressed Referenced  
TOTAL       99%      109M         109M         109M       
none       100%      109M         109M         109M       
zstd        15%       12K          80K          80K    

so your /boot includes a few compressed files :rofl: (80k → 12k)

Than that’s probably the default behaviour.

Oh this may be default behaviour, but it will also work out of the box. Because it is used together with grub 2.04 :wink:
Is it possible that your GRUB is older ? If yes, then look at Btrfs - ArchWiki (especially the warning)

please also read "emergency mode" after Timeshift snapshot recovery - #32 by andreas85

Nope grub is recent. Meanwhile I’ve installed latest manjaro xfce edition in efi mode with btrfs on bare metal computer. Still the same error messages. Tried both methods.

Then you are on your own :sunglasses: im out.

Thanks anyway :+1: