CPU Frequency not match

Because it is a system file…

That opens it with kate as root:

sudo kate /etc/tlp.conf

sudo kate /etc/tlp.conf  1 ✘  4m 15s 
Executing Kate with sudo is not possible due to unfixable security vulnerabilities. It is also not necessary; simply use Kate normally, and you will be prompted for elevated privileges when saving documents if needed.

Then this:

kate /etc/tlp.conf

or just open it in dolphin ^^

Both support turbo, but the manufacturer DELL has limited the performance of the laptop.

Read
→ Enabling Dell Processor Acceleration Technology:
https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/de-de/000129434/support-for-dell-processor-acceleration-technology?lang=en

It said: “To enable DPAT on your system, make the following changes in the BIOS setup.”

#CPU_SCALING_MIN_FREQ_ON_AC=0
#CPU_SCALING_MAX_FREQ_ON_AC=0
#CPU_SCALING_MIN_FREQ_ON_BAT=0
#CPU_SCALING_MAX_FREQ_ON_BAT=0

i found this so all set to 2000? can i set to 3600?

Sure, but I am also 100% sure that this config will be rejected then.

2000 will work?

Show us what is the output: cpupower frequency-info ? → boost state

Just a note, so no misunderstanding comes up:

# at the beginning means: “ignore this line”. To set it active, you need to remove # at the beginning.

cpupower frequency-info  :heavy_check_mark:
analyzing CPU 0:
driver: acpi-cpufreq
CPUs which run at the same hardware frequency: 0
CPUs which need to have their frequency coordinated by software: 0
maximum transition latency: Cannot determine or is not supported.
hardware limits: 1.60 GHz - 2.00 GHz
available frequency steps: 2.00 GHz, 1.70 GHz, 1.60 GHz
available cpufreq governors: conservative ondemand userspace powersave performance schedutil
current policy: frequency should be within 1.60 GHz and 2.00 GHz.
The governor “powersave” may decide which speed to use
within this range.
current CPU frequency: Unable to call hardware
current CPU frequency: 1.53 GHz (asserted by call to kernel)
boost state support:
Supported: no
Active: no

No support? Is it maybe not enabled? Is your Power Supply plugged in?

I am really surprised that it says that there is no support… Didn’t you check this?

Please check this:

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/boost

If 0, then set it active:

echo "1" | sudo tee -a /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/boost

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/boost  :heavy_check_mark:
   ~  cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/boost  :heavy_check_mark:
   ~  echo “1” | sudo tee -a /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/boost  :heavy_check_mark:
[sudo] password for hello-nahian:

what 1 means?

1 → enabled
0 → disabled

that means turbo boost enabled ?

Yes boost is enabled on the kernel… and as you said:

The boost worked, but it does not clock up to 3.6 Ghz because it is limited by the temperature and maybe locked by the firmware of DELL (UEFI). So what could make it work is a better cooling… otherwise, no idea :man_shrugging:

UEFI ? then i can install in lagacy boot ? it should work?

Maybe, maybe not. The legacy mode is just a module inside the UEFI (CSM). So I would say no.

all set to 2000 then saved that file ok. now i trying to recheck but i got -

kate /etc/tlp.conf  :heavy_check_mark:
Icon theme “adwaita” not found.
Icon theme “ubuntu-mono” not found.
Icon theme “yaru” not found.
Icon theme “Mint-X” not found.
Icon theme “elementary” not found.
kf.sonnet.core: Sonnet: Unable to load plugin “/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/sonnet/sonnet_aspell.so” Error: “Cannot load library /usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/sonnet/sonnet_aspell.so: (libaspell.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)”
kf.sonnet.core: Sonnet: Unable to load plugin “/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/sonnet/sonnet_hspell.so” Error: “Cannot load library /usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/sonnet/sonnet_hspell.so: (libhspell.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)”
kf.sonnet.core: Sonnet: Unable to load plugin “/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/sonnet/sonnet_voikko.so” Error: “Cannot load library /usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/sonnet/sonnet_voikko.so: (libvoikko.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)”
kf.sonnet.core: Sonnet: Unable to load plugin “/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/sonnet/sonnet_aspell.so” Error: “Cannot load library /usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/sonnet/sonnet_aspell.so: (libaspell.so.15: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)”
kf.sonnet.core: Sonnet: Unable to load plugin “/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/sonnet/sonnet_hspell.so” Error: “Cannot load library /usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/sonnet/sonnet_hspell.so: (libhspell.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)”
kf.sonnet.core: Sonnet: Unable to load plugin “/usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/sonnet/sonnet_voikko.so” Error: “Cannot load library /usr/lib/qt/plugins/kf5/sonnet/sonnet_voikko.so: (libvoikko.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)”
kf.sonnet.core: No language dictionaries for the language: “en_US” trying to load en_US as default
kf.sonnet.core: No language dictionaries for the language: “en_US”
kf.sonnet.core: No language dictionaries for the language: “en_US” trying to load en_US as default
Qt: Session management error: networkIdsList argument is NULL
Icon theme “adwaita” not found.
Icon theme “ubuntu-mono” not found.
Icon theme “yaru” not found.
Icon theme “Mint-X” not found.
Icon theme “elementary” not found.

Close Kate or focus the terminal and press the shortcut: CTRL + C

yes done but after date same error. do i need to do restart?