Constant logouts

Anyone else having this issue?
About every 20 - 30 minutes I get a popup that says I've been logged out of the forum with a refresh button.
I'm not logged out but it kicks me to the new posts section.
About half the time it does that I get a database corruption from the server and have to ctrl+F5 to get it to reload.

Weird.

Browser: Firefox

Yes, I've been having the same issue for several days now.

I've come to accept that minor periodic issues with the forum is just the way it is. A touch of the old Stockholm syndrome, I guess.... :thinking:

2 Likes

Idle or not?

More like the opposite of Stockholm syndrome.

2 Likes

Interesting, I am not having any issues over here.

2 Likes

Nope. Happens seemingly randomly. In the middle of replying, checking threads, Scrolling through a category.

Disallowed cookies? :thinking:

A DoS attack may be ongoing, I don't think the normal volume of users would trip over the server. Either that or bytemark have restricted it because of planned maintenance again to their server farm.

Just checked and also no.
I pretty much have the forums whitelisted in all my AOs.
But I don't allow third party cookies. But if that was the problem you'd think perhaps it would have started before now? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Sheesh, it just happened as I was writing this. Thankfully Discourse autosaves.

1 Like

I also have third party cookies disabled.

Have you tried a different browser?

Every day I get constant 503 and 500 errors at least 3 or 4 times while I'm here.
Everything just stalls and dies. I have to completely refresh and hope.

Maybe it's just a crap route to the server?
A consistent junk route through some node in some guys barn in missouri?

Doing that right now.

it's happened to me a couple of times in the last few days but not as regularly as reported above. I usually use the latest build of Chrome Stable but also tried Firefox and got the same with that.

I don't get logged out completely though, just a banner saying due to demand the forum is displayed as it would be for visitors not logged in or whatever it actually says.

1 Like

I'll say it again, we need more forum server хомячком. :grin:

1 Like

AHAHA! Omg, so I launched Chrome and logged in. I have 2FA turned on. The site errored 3 times trying to take the code. The input field just dies and the site shows me 503 the first time and then Corrupted Content Error.
I was laughing so hard I forgot to take a screenshot but I did grab one yesterday of the corrupted on in Firefox.
If it's helpful I'll post it I will just for the heck of it. :wink:

I pretty much see that all the time. I'd say 80% of my time here has that at the top.

1 Like

I've never seen that "due to extreme load" banner. Occasionally I get a bunch of 503 errors, but that's a new one to me.

I feel like I'm missing out on the fun.

2 Likes

I usually start seeing that banner on the weekends.

1 Like

Loads of fun! :sob:

I don't know. I don't want to whine but boy it's getting to be frustrating.

Chrome just did it again (The logout and kick to latest page) with no actual logout. I think it's even worse on chrome for me. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

That's interesting, it isn't kicking me out today at all. The last few days, though, it happened quite a few times.

I'm in the USA, by the way.

1 Like

Same, Midwest Nightmare. I can throw a rock and hit a redneck on the Mississippi. :wink:

1 Like

Hey, I grew up as a redneck on the Mississippi!

I ran far, far away as soon as I turned 18, though.

1 Like