Samba can't start

Whenever I try to use Samba for ANYTHING it never works and always has issues starting the SMB server.

Samba is complaining that LIBNSL_1.0 is missing as required by /usr/lib/samba/libsamba-sockets-samba4.so

$ sudo systemctl status samba
× samba.service - Samba AD Daemon
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/samba.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
     Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2021-12-21 17:51:07 ACDT; 6s ago
       Docs: man:samba(8)
             man:samba(7)
             man:smb.conf(5)
    Process: 638015 ExecStart=/usr/bin/samba --foreground --no-process-group $SAMBAOPTIONS (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
   Main PID: 638015 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
        CPU: 5ms

Dec 21 17:51:07 tohru systemd[1]: Starting Samba AD Daemon...
Dec 21 17:51:07 tohru samba[638015]: /usr/bin/samba: /usr/lib/libnsl.so.2: version `LIBNSL_1.0' not found (required by /usr/lib/samba/libsamba-sockets-samba4.so)
Dec 21 17:51:07 tohru systemd[1]: samba.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Dec 21 17:51:07 tohru systemd[1]: samba.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Dec 21 17:51:07 tohru systemd[1]: Failed to start Samba AD Daemon.

Libnsl is installed and exists at /usr/lib/ under these following file names;

libnsl-2.33.so
libnsl.so
libnsl.so.1
libnsl.so.2
libnsl.so.3
libnsl.so.3.0.0

but these versions doesn’t seem to the version Samba AD Daemon is looking for. I have uninstalled, and reinstalled Samba multiple times and its persistently broken out the box no matter what I do. How can a package like this be so bad and broken out the box with no configuration that it can’t even find or use the existing libraries that are on the system to allow the daemon to run? Samba has a huge history of being so completely and utterly broken out the box, because whoever maintains this package has no idea what they’re doing, and is shipping broken and outdated packages with wrong versions.

I’ll be submitting a bug report to the maintainers about this, because it shouldn’t be like this. If Samba is using and expecting Libnsl greater than 1.0 version, then its the fault of Libnsl being outdated. The libraries need to be relinked and compiled with newer versions.

Samba works on Manjaro and any Arch based system but samba needs a correct configuration for it to be able to start/load - any errors in the config will act as showstopper - and no default configs are installed - you must provide the config from scratch

Samba is configured in the /etc/samba/smb.conf configuration file, which is extensively documented in smb.conf(5).

Because the samba package does not provide this file, one needs to create it before starting smb.service.
Samba - ArchWiki

/etc/samba/smb.conf

As it appears from your topic you should take a look at the samba wiki on setting up AD integration

nevermind . Active Directory is way above my pay grade.