Why when Using Dark Mode is not Completely All Dark?

Introduce my name is Nokorimono, I’m often called Mono

I’m a new user who recently switched from MX Linux distro to Manjora distro with Budgie desktop environment. The essence of my problem is why when I change the default default theme to dark mode, only some of it becomes dark, and the rest don’t.

Since I’ve updated all the systems and applications after I finished installing Manjora as the main system on my personal laptop.

If my guess is right. Does that mean that it’s really like using the Budgie desktop environment? Or is there something wrong when I do the configuration when I first enter Manjora after the installation is complete? If I’m wrong, please correct my words.

I ask for your help in solving the problem I am facing. I don’t really know about Manjora and this is something new for me, especially the installation package that I use is not supported by Manjora. Thank you very much for your willingness to take the time to read my complaints as a new user. Thank You

Nokorimono

Hi @nokorimono, and welcome!

I couldn’t understand this initially, either. Then I learnt that Linux, so X, uses 2 graphical toolkits for software. There might be more, but I only know about the 2:

• GTK (that Budgie, LXDE uses; and
  • Qt (That KDE, LxQt uses.)

So I think this is because you only have a GTK theme installed, and you need to install a Qt theme as well.

Hope this helps!

Edit:

More here:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Uniform_look_for_Qt_and_GTK_applications

For GTK themes, look here:

For Qt themes, look here:

1 Like

Is this application called QT5 Configuration Tool what do you mean? Because I have it

No. At least I don’t think so. I don’t use, and never had used Budgie, so I don’t know.

But I suppose it might be.

Edit:

Open it and check.

I try my Best Dud. Thank you for helping me

1 Like

Perhaps this helps:

It even seems to be in the AUR:

$ pamac search Pocillo
pocillo-gtk-theme-git                                                                                                                                                                                                               0.9.r0.g7a12511c-1  AUR
Theme for the Budgie Desktop that has Material Design elements and styled using the Arc colour palette

So can be installed using:

pamac build pocillo-gtk-theme-git

And probably set to active in the settings somewhere.

1 Like