Conky Showcase 2020

Here is the content of getValues.sh which is called in the conkyrc:

#!/bin/bash

fritzbixIp="172.16.1.1"
xmlFile="/home/NAME/.conky/conky_scripts/fritzbox_values/dsl.xml"

tmpS=$(curl -s "http://$fritzbixIp:49000/igdupnp/control/WANCommonIFC1" -H "Content-Type: text/xml; charset=\"utf-8"\" -H "SoapAction:urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:WANCommonInterfaceConfig:1#GetCommonLinkProperties" -d "@$xmlFile")

downLink=${tmpS#*"DownstreamMaxBitRate>"}
downLink=${downLink%"</NewLayer1DownstreamMaxBitRate"*}
down=`echo "scale=1 ; $downLink/1000000" | bc`

upLink=${tmpS#*"UpstreamMaxBitRate>"}
upLink=${upLink%"</NewLayer1UpstreamMaxBitRate"*}
up=`echo "scale=1 ; $upLink/1000000" | bc`

echo  "Down: $down MBit/s - Up: $up MBit/s"

And here is the content of the xml file which is called in the getValues.sh:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <s:Envelope s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
        <s:Body>
            <u:GetCommonLinkProperties xmlns:u="urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:WANCommonInterfaceConfig:1" />
        </s:Body>
    </s:Envelope>
2 Likes

Hi! sorry for the insane late reply. actually it is on the same line:

${color5}${font Ubuntu:bold:size=10}${voffset -9}D R I V E S   ${hr 2}${font}${color}

${color2}SSD:${offset 5}${color}${fs_used /}/${fs_size /}${alignr}${offset -5}${fs_used_perc /}%${alignr}${fs_bar 8,90 /} 
${color2}HDD:${offset 5}${color}${fs_used /home}/${fs_size /home}${alignr}${offset -5}${fs_used_perc /home}%${alignr}${fs_bar 8,90 /home}
${if_existing /nfs/IronWolf/Permanent/}${color2}Backups:${offset 5}${color}${fs_used /nfs/IronWolf}/${fs_size /nfs/IronWolf}${alignr}${offset -5}${fs_used_perc /nfs/IronWolf}%${alignr}${fs_bar 8,90 /nfs/IronWolf}${endif}
${if_existing /nfs/Xternal/Setups/}${color2}Xternal:${offset 5}${color}${fs_used /nfs/Xternal}/${fs_size /nfs/Xternal}${alignr}${offset -5}${fs_used_perc /nfs/Xternal}%${alignr}${fs_bar 8,90 /nfs/Xternal}${endif}

Your code looks way different than mine, so remove all the other stuff you’re using simplify your code and see which of the additional features like $offset and $alignr are causing this on yours…

I remember Conky was one huge reason for the monthly Desktop screeshots thread we had in our old forum. Where are my Desktop Screenshots buddies at?? I miss those. Anybody starting the tradition again?

Bub, where have you been? Desktop screenshots are no longer a thing on the new forum.

Do a forum search to read up on it.

Hey Wongs,

I do know that it is no longer a tradition. I am trying to make it again. :slight_smile:

I couldn’t find much with my searches. Is it forbidden or something for some reason? Would be great if you could share the relevant threads. Much appreciated in advance. :slight_smile:

PS: Found the thread in question. For heavens sake. Community building is also about fun and something casual, I was never a regular person in the thread. But I would pop-in from time to time, it helped me a lot with functionality. I found enough reasons to configure Conky in my system through that thread.

It is just sad that the team are not understanding the importance of putting some fun into computing. You need to think why a lot of older folks didn’t bother making a new account in the new forum. Closing down things will never help.

Can I borrow this ? So nice and clean :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello,
I like the first board of this Conky. But, I need to know: Where placed the code on my system, please ?!

Under normal circumstances:

Proof:

fab-user@fab-manjaro:~
$ ls ~/.config/conky/
MyFunctions.lua   conky.bak   conky.conf~  conky.tmp   conky2.conf~
MyFunctions.lua~  conky.conf  conky.small  conky.tmp~

:+1: :crazy_face:

1 Like

Ah, Thank you Linux-Aarhus and after, where do I put it on the system, please ?!

Hello Fabby!
What is this script ? Is a head of the code on the conky, maybe ?!

If you mean my code:

• ~/.conky/conkyrc
  • Scripts under: ~/.conky/conky_scripts

The weatherpart is documented - if you are using the openbox version - there is a subfolder of .config/conky named accu_weather which contains a README.md describing the logic behind.

Or you could look at the linked Openbox topic which contains more details on the weather script.

1 Like

I seem to understand that you’re missing some basic information on what Conky is and what it does?

If yes:

If no, please clarify what your exact question is???

:fearful:

Erm, no, not really! In fact, I tried to get Conky up-and-running on my KDE system (sorry, I forgot to tell you this) without success for the moment!

Yes, I see the good Openbox Topic and I understand: I must placed the original code by a other code for obtain a new conky, that is?!

On KDE, I created a file called .config and inside, I placed a text file with the script written by Meowclown but I’m not a conky user for the moment (maybe is impossible to placed a Conky in KDE, I not know).

Hello,

No, I speaking of the code use by Fabby but I think to shake the pencils, now ! :smile: Sorry but I not the practice for use the code.

Hello,

Yes, I see your good topic and I try next this how to next.

So what you need to do is to copy-paste the full code for a full conky.conf in ~/.config/conky/conky.conf:

This is a minimalist config:
conky.config =
{
  console_bar_fill   = '»',
  console_bar_unfill = ' ',

alignment = 'top_left',
  background = false,
  border_width = 2,
  cpu_avg_samples = 2,
  -- define Manjaro colours:
  default_color = '#1abc9c',  -- Same HTML as current terminal
  color1 = '#709080',         -- Kakhi
  color2 = '#dca3a3',         -- Salmon
  color3 = '#72d5a3',         -- Light Green
  color4 = '#f0dfaf',         -- Yellow
  color5 = '#7eb2e6',         -- Metal blue
  color6 = '#a45ec1',         -- Light aubergine
  font   = 'NotoMono-Regular:bold:size=8',
  default_outline_color = '#1abc9c',  -- Same HTML as current terminal
  default_shade_color = '#1abc9c',  -- Same HTML as current terminal
  double_buffer = true,
  draw_borders = false,
  draw_graph_borders = true,
  draw_outline = false,
  draw_shades = false,
  extra_newline = false,
  format_human_readable=true,
  gap_x = 25,
  gap_y = 25,
  minimum_height = 200,
  minimum_width = 200,
  net_avg_samples = 2,
  no_buffers = true,
  out_to_console = false,
  out_to_ncurses = false,
  out_to_stderr = false,
  out_to_x = true,
  own_window = true,
  own_window_class = 'Conky',
  own_window_type = 'normal',
  own_window_transparent = false,
  -- set transparency:
  own_window_argb_visual = true, own_window_argb_value = 100,
  show_graph_range = false,
  show_graph_scale = false,
  stippled_borders = 0,
  update_interval = 2.0,
  uppercase = false,
  use_spacer = 'none',
  use_xft = true,
  -- lua_load = '~/.config/conky/MyFunctions.lua',
  -- lua_draw_hook_post = "main",
}
conky.text = [[
${color}Info:${color1} ${scroll 32 $nodename $kernel}${alignr}${color} Uptime:${color1} $uptime
${hr}
${color}RAM Usage:${alignr}Swap Usage:
${color1}${mem}/${memmax} ${membar 5,80}${alignr}${swap}/${swapmax} ${swapbar 5,80}
${color}CPU %:${color1} $cpu% ${cpubar cpu0 5,125}${alignr}${color}CPU Frequency:${color1} $freq${color} MHz
${color}Processes:${color1} $processes       ${color}Load:${color1} $loadavg
${color}Name                 CPU%   MEM%   PID
${color1} ${top name 1} ${color2} ${top cpu 1} ${top mem 1} ${top pid 1}
${color1} ${top name 2} ${color2} ${top cpu 2} ${top mem 2} ${top pid 2}
${color1} ${top name 3} ${color2} ${top cpu 3} ${top mem 3} ${top pid 3}
]]

… and execute conky in a terminal!

Does that show an error or does it draw a window on your desktop?

If not, provide the error message you’re getting, please?

:+1:

1 Like

The Conky Showcase for 2021 can be found here:

:+1:

1 Like