Conflicts in updating system

What causes this problem with update:

Starting full system upgrade…
Resolving dependencies…
Checking inter-conflicts…
Error: could not open file /var/lib/pacman/local/ca-certificates-utils-20160507-1/files: No such file or directory
Warning: could not fully load metadata for package ca-certificates-utils-20160507-1

Failed to prepare transaction:
invalid or corrupted package

Starting full system upgrade…
Resolving dependencies…
Checking inter-conflicts…
Warning: could not fully load metadata for package ca-certificates-utils-20160507-1

Failed to prepare transaction:
invalid or corrupted package

How do I correct this?

Update error

Sorry, but you need to learn how to read, it’s clearly stated in philm’s update thread

Troubleshoot

If manjaro-system can’t handle the file conflict issue with ca-certificates-utils do the following:

pacman -Syuw # download packages

rm /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt # remove conflicting file

pacman -Su # perform upgrade

from here:https://forum.manjaro.org/t/stable-update-2017-03-20-deepin-kde-framework-haskell-python-kernels/19947

… please, next time, first check the announcements and if a problem occurs, read!
… and don’t post your technical problem in the “General Disussion” section.

One of my favorite things about Manjaro is that the forum is much friendlier than the above post would suggest.

That said I agree that reading the information in the update announcements, and also the replies posted usually prevents update problems. Even though updates are usually trouble-free for most people, it may help to wait a day or so before updating to make sure any problems and their solutions are posted.

Yeah, leave the grittier posts to me, m’kay? :wink:

Hmm, indeed. The reply did leave me with the “Arch forum” feeling…no offence to Eidos, of course…
to @kawika52 - dont worry, try to adopt a strategy for updates: read the forum as soon as you see that red update dot, check the poll to see how many tripped, take a good backup, and always update the SAME way, I always use the console…for example…
And:

…that helps too…an update CAN wait a day (or two…or three… :wink: …)

LOL
Kisses
Melissa
:heart_decoration: :heart_decoration: :heart_decoration:

Sorry for not reading… but Manjaro shouldn’t have these updating troubles. I’ve installed Manjaro a number of times in the past two years and every time there is some update conflict. I don’t have these update conflicts with Ubuntu, Mint or even Fedora!

…for now I’ve gone back to Fedora 25. Maybe one day Manjaro will improve their update process.

Sorry to hear that. For me, Manjaro has been extremely stable throughout the 3 1/2 years that im using it. As far as I understood, the update problem that you were facing is quite easy to fix.
I think for any operating system updates are never a “now-brainer”. I trained myself to always consider that an update is major change to your system and some things might not work as before.

Well, in an ideal case, no operating system/software should have “troubles”. … However, there is no “pefect” software, although (for me) Manjaro and Arch Linux in general come pretty close :wink:.

That is the nice thing about GNU/Linux: You have the freedom to choose what is best for you. Good luck with fedora (great distribution!)

After a couple days I plugged in Manjaro hdd again and this time the updates installed with no problem! Didn’t have to run any commands. The way its supposed to be. :slight_smile: