Conflicting files during latest stable update

I am currently upgrading and get this message as part of the ongoing installation process:

Überprüfe Schlüsselring...                                                                                                     [576/576]
Integrität wird überprüft...                                                                                                   [576/576]
Fehler: tdb: Signatur von "Felix Yan <felixonmars@archlinux.org>" ist ungültig
Fehler: xorg-server: Signatur von "Mark Wagie <mark@manjaro.org>" ist ungültig
Fehler: double-conversion: Signatur von "Antonio Rojas <arojas@archlinux.org>" ist ungültig
Fehler: qt5-translations: Signatur von "Antonio Rojas <arojas@archlinux.org>" ist ungültig
Entferne ungültige Dateien und wiederhole Vorgang...

Ok 2 minutes later the process did not completed, and finished with these error message:

Überprüfe Schlüsselring...                                                                                                     [576/576]
Integrität wird überprüft...                                                                                                   [576/576]
Paketdateien werden geladen...                                                                                                 [576/576]
Dateikonflikte werden überprüft...                                                                                             [576/576]
Error: Vorgang konnte nicht abgeschlossen werden:
In Konflikt stehende Dateien:
- npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/docs/content/using-npm/logging.md already exists in filesystem,
wenn diese Datei nicht benötigt wird, entferne sie und versuche es erneut
- npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/docs/output/using-npm/logging.html already exists in filesystem,
- npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/utils/display.js already exists in filesystem,
- npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/utils/log-file.js already exists in filesystem,
- npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/utils/log-shim.js already exists in filesystem,
- npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/utils/timers.js already exists in filesystem,
- npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/lib/utils/with-chown-sync.js already exists in filesystem,
- npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/@npmcli/arborist/lib/override-set.js already exists in filesystem,
- npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/just-diff-apply/index.mjs already exists in filesystem,
- npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/just-diff-apply/rollup.config.js already exists in filesystem,
- npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/just-diff/index.mjs already exists in filesystem,
- npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/just-diff/rollup.config.js already exists in filesystem,
- npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/parse-conflict-json/LICENSE.md already exists in filesystem,
- npm: /usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/parse-conflict-json/lib/index.js already exists in filesystem,

For the English user here, it says I should delete those files and try again if I don’t need them. But I don’t know exactly if I need them. Maybe not, but I don’t know if any program requires these files. What should I do?

You installed things using sudo npm
In the future dont do that … now undo that, or otherwise handle the files, then proceed.

https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php/Pacman_troubleshooting#Conflicting_files_-_FILENAME_exists_in_filesystem

The section above the previous one
https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php/Pacman_troubleshooting#Errors_about_Keys

1 Like

I’ve moved the post to a new thread, please stop replying in the Stable Update thread.

1 Like

try now:

sudo pacman -Syy
sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys
sudo pacman-key --populate archlinux manjaro
sudo pacman -Sc
1 Like

Edit: Clarified.
I needed to do the init in order to continue, so i did that now and continued with each step in the order you gave me.

   ~  sudo pacman-key --refresh-keys                                                                    ✔
==> ERROR: You do not have sufficient permissions to read the pacman keyring.
==> Use 'pacman-key --init' to correct the keyring permissions.

At last step it asked me to remove old packages from cache and unused repositories, which I did by answering y. Should I try to pamac update now or should I check something to make sure it is working properly?

Thank you for your help, i was really helpless.

Proceed with update if possible.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.