JNLP file clashes

Hi!
I have not succeeded to run a .jnlp file. I have already installed the OpenJDK, Iced Tea and its dependency (rhino). After the installation I have tried to run the file via Konsole using the javaws command or double-clicking the file (what prompts the IcedTea)… but it clashes… I have been google searching the matter and it seems there is not a (easy) solution.

I am a brand new user of Manjaro migrating from a RPM based linux distro. If I do not solve this problem I will need to migrate back because this is the environment I need to home office…

Thanks in advance for any help!

What file and where did it come from?

What does that mean? What’s the output of:

javaws file.jnlp
net.sourceforge.jnlp.LaunchException: Fatal: Launch Error: Could not launch JNLP file. The application has not been initialized, for more information execute javaws/browser from the command line and send a bug report.
	at net.sourceforge.jnlp.Launcher.launchApplication(Launcher.java:582)
	at net.sourceforge.jnlp.Launcher$TgThread.run(Launcher.java:945)
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
	at net.sourceforge.jnlp.Launcher.launchApplication(Launcher.java:576)
	... 1 more
Caused by: java.lang.Error: unsupported deployment environment
	at hob.jws.a.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at hob.jws.AppletLauncher.main(Unknown Source)
	... 6 more

You didn’t answer my first question. Without knowing what exactly you’re running, it’s a little hard to help.

It sounds like you’re running an older application that requires an older version of Java. The current OpenJDK version is 15. I would try 8 to be safe.

pamac install jre8-openjdk

Then set the default to 8:

sudo archlinux-java set java-8-openjdk/jre

Now try running the file.

Hi! Unfortunately it did not work. I am trying to run a remote office app that prompts the HOBjwt… this is my limited knowledge about it once it is a proprietary app. I currently running it in another distro that allows me to download and install the java from Oracle website… my this be a solution in this case?!

Note: I am not a tech guy or programmer… just a Linux enthusiastic using linux distro desktops for the last 13 years.

Thanks in advance for your help!

What is it called? Is it top secret? Without knowing anything about it and what version of Java it requires, I’m shooting in the dark here.

No. What version did you download that’s working on the other distro? What other distro? Please stop being purposely vague.

It is called remote office and it generates a default.jnlp file. The distro is Mageia 7.1 with Java version 8 update 281 downloaded as RPM directly from Oracle website.

The HOBjwt prompts an screen for virtually login in my PC at the office.

I’m not finding anything.

Often work applications are designed specifically for a certain OS / framework version and that’s it. If you need something stable and reliable for work, maybe a bleeding edge. rolling release distro isn’t for you.