Color stripes after booting on Intel HD 620

Hello,

After installing fresh Manjaro i3 I sometimes have problems with my video output. It is not deterministic, just sometimes it has vertial colorful stripes after booting (https://i.imgur.com/fk6kRJr.jpg). Reboot usually solves the issue. It always happens at the startup, not after some delay. The problem is visible even on the log messages during boot.

Edit: I see that the problem is quite similar to Ugly login screen after recent update - #4 by romanoff and Screen going crazy - (hue and saturation?) post installation.

I have i5-8265u with Intel HD 620 (Dell Inspiron 14 5482). My driver:

$ mhwd -li -d
   NAME:	video-linux
   ATTACHED:	PCI
   VERSION:	2018.05.04
   INFO:	Standard open source drivers.
   PRIORITY:	2
   FREEDRIVER:	true
   DEPENDS:	-
   CONFLICTS:	-
   CLASSIDS:	0300 0380 0302 
   VENDORIDS:	1002 8086 10de

mhwd -l tells that it is the latest one.

Thank you for all help in advance.

I have met the similar issue. This problem happen after upgrade today. When i reboot after upgrade, i found the login screen is broken, there are a lot of color stripes, but i still can input the password and login. After login, the screen beccome to normal.

mhwd -li -d
NAME: video-linux
ATTACHED: PCI
VERSION: 2018.05.04
INFO: Standard open source drivers.
PRIORITY: 2
FREEDRIVER: true
DEPENDS: -
CONFLICTS: -
CLASSIDS: 0300 0380 0302
VENDORIDS: 1002 8086 10de

My video card is HD530 and GTX950M
uname -a
Linux cwg20 5.10.15-1-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Feb 10 10:42:47 UTC 2021 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Best Regards

I experienced the same issue (same gpu model) and never found a solution until I switched to wayland with a clean install of manjaro gnome (also running sway) - never had any graphical glitches ever since… :man_shrugging:

Hello!

I’ve encountered the same issue. I must say that it took couple of days to solve it, but I’ve found the solution:

1st of all, you need to edit the /etc/mkinitcpio.conf and add the “i915” argument to MODULE section, so it looks like that:

`MODULES=(i915)`

Then you need to run as root

`mkinitcpio -P`

Then of course reboot, and in my case the problem was solved.

The solution I’ve found thanks to arch wiki:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Kernel_mode_setting#Early_KMS_start

Hope I’ve helped!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.