Codeblocks not rendering correctly in firefox

You look good to go. Try the above steps and reboot. Then see if there’s any difference. (Unlikely, but at least it’ll be done for now, and can try something else.)

It’s best to leave xf86-video-intel uninstalled, regardless.

I DID, no difference still gettin the same error in firefox

Disable hardware acceleration in Firefox’s settings, and even uncheck both boxes:

• Use recommended performance settings
  • Use hardware acceleration when available

Then close Firefox and try again.

Otherwise, to rule something out, boot into a live Manjaro ISO and see if the problem persists from a live ISO session.

EDIT: Another avenue is to download the portable version of Firefox from Mozilla’s website. Then extract the archive and run the firefox executable with the -P flag (from within the portable directory) to create a new user profile. Call the new user freshtemp or some throwaway name. (Do NOT use your existing profile, otherwise Firefox might “upgrade” the user’s config files, which can sometimes be non-reversible.)

Make sure to uncheck “use this profile without asking”. You’ll end up deleting the freshtemp profile later.

It would look something like this:

./firefox -P

This will run the executable firefox from the extracted archive, rather than from the one installed on your system.

didn’t work

I have manjaro set up in virutal box with i3, Is it okay to try that in there?

Wait, is this the same Manjaro system in question?

Try the “portable Firefox” method first.

did exactly that, same problem LMFAOOOOOOOO

yes it is

man @winnie i believe there’s something wrong with my about:config but I just can’t figure it out AND I remember last time I installed these settings but later ended up back to the default ones after not liking em
https://github.com/arkenfox/user.js

but even after reverting back to those default settings im having the same issue with my go-to browser FIREFOX!!!

I installed it in my VM that I had spun up weeks ago and feels like it looks good but on my host machine I just couldn’t figure out what’s wrong to the best of my knowledge, it seems that I’ve lost the battle :frowning:

Running a fresh user profile on the portable version of Firefox should have a clean config. So custom about:config parameters are out of the question.

If you really did run the portable executable of Firefox (not your system binary), and used -P, and made a brand new user profile… then this rules out Firefox and any config or extension.

One last shot in the dark is to create a new KDE user, log into that, and run Firefox. If it resolves with a new user account, then the culprit is likely a user configuration file/folder (unrelated to Firefox exclusively.)

Does it happen after the latest Manjaro Stable update?
Before this update there was no problem, right?

yeah, that’s correct before that I had no issues!

• Did you try to run firefox -P what @winnie said?

• Try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox,

OFCOURSE

:sweat_smile:

Oh, I haven’t read above. sry.

That should probably be that some dependency/package caused the problem after the latest update.
You can check Pacman history which dependency was updated, downgrade some dependency e.g Firefox if it works

Did you also try this?

NOPE but im goin to

same issue :((

Try a bootable USB stick from a fresh ISO? If THAT doesn’t work, well, Gremlins…? :wink:

that WILL work, but I can’t use my base OS from the live environment so how’s that useful?
and btw i did use it in the VM, it was perfectly fine