Clock is off by one hour in new install - how to fix?

Hi all,

I’ve installed Manjaro 20.2rc on my laptop using the XFCE installer. There’s something weird, though. I’m in France, so the whole country is on Paris time, yet set to Paris time, the clock is one hour ahead, as if the return of winter is not taken into account. I can’t find anything by searching (too many false positives), but I’ll bet there’s a command I don’t know. Help, please?

Thanks in advance,

Rick

Hi @rf2020 :wink:

Maybe you didn’t find this?

Application:

manjaro-settings-manager 

Dual booting I presume?

3 Likes

Not exactly. I have Manjaro on a USB-read SD card, but it still shares grub. What’s weird is that the installer disk had the same problem, but Windows doesn’t. I’ll check out your Windows instruction page, too.

Yep (blush) that was it. It didn’t reset when I applied, only when I “quit” the window. Thanks!

Not weird at all.

Windows sets the hardware clock to local timezone.

Any Linux expects hardware clock to be UTC - which will set the clock off with the difference between UTC and TZ

I’ve marked this answer as the solution to your question as it is by far the best answer you’ll get.

However, if you disagree with my choice, please feel free to take any other answer as the solution to your question or even remove the solution altogether: You are in control! (If you disagree with my choice, just send me a personal message and explain why I shouldn’t have done this or :heart: or :+1: if you agree)

:innocent:
P.S. In the future, please don’t forget to come back and click the 3 dots below the answer to mark a solution like this below the answer that helped you most:
Solution
so that the next person that has the exact same problem you just had will benefit from your post as well as your question will now be in the “solved” status.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.