As a result of all the recent changes with Manjaro, regarding snaps/flatpak, freeoffice, out-of-tree Canonical kernel patches, GRUBs non-standard operation etc... I have decided to create a clean spin called Cleanjaro.
The default shipping kernel (with it's own extramodules) have removed the OOT Canonical junk and have returned the kernel to a state much closer to those that Arch ship. Only kernel 5.2 is currently offered as a Cleanjaro kernel. All other kernels are Manjaro stock for now.
- Snaps/flatpaks are opt in, NOT opt out. Enable them yourself from repo if needed.
- Choose between Libreoffice (fresh & still), OnlyOffice or no office suite, it's up to you.
- GRUB has been returned to its standard and expected operation. No more hidden menus or "silent" mode.
- MS office online is completely removed.
- Steam has been removed. (Add it back easy with 'sudo pacman -Syu steam-manjaro').
- Added transmission for torrent support.
- Added yay for AUR support.
- Replaced screenfetch with neofetch
- Maybe other little things i can't remember right now...
I have made every attempt to remove all Manjaro branding/art work from the installation media, if i have missed something then please let me know.
This is an unofficial Manjaro spin and uses a custom repo for it's own packages, for example grub-clean and the 5.2 kernel/extramodules. As well as using the Manjaro repos for everything else used.
Oh and feel free to go nuts with customising your themes. It’s recommended