Cleanjaro 19.11 XFCE & KDE

Original Cleanjaro announcement.

The default shipping kernel is now 5.3.x (with it's own extramodules).

• Snaps/flatpaks are opt in, NOT opt out. Enable them yourself from repo if needed.
  • Choose between Libreoffice (fresh & still), OnlyOffice or no office suite, it's up to you.
  • GRUB has been returned to its standard and expected operation. No more hidden menus or "silent" mode.
  • MS office online is completely removed.
  • Steam has been removed. (Add it back easy with 'sudo pacman -Syu steam-manjaro').
  • Added yay for AUR support.
  • Added timeshift to installation media as well as now installing by default.
  • Replaced screenfetch with neofetch.
  • Added transmission for torrent support.
  • A whole heap of general package updates, thanks to Manjaro Team.
  • Maybe other little things i can't remember right now...

This is an unofficial Manjaro spin and uses a custom repo for it's own packages, for example grub and the 5.3 kernel/extramodules. As well as using the Manjaro repos for everything else used.

15 Likes

What's that i hear you ask? "Trick or treat?" Well hopefully you find this a treat.

Cleanjaro KDE edition is now ready for your enjoyment!

The benefits of Cleanjaro KDE are pretty much the same as the XFCE edition.

The default shipping kernel is now 5.3.x series.

• Snaps/flatpaks are opt in, NOT opt out. Enable them yourself from repo if needed.
  • Choose between Libreoffice (fresh & still), OnlyOffice or no office suite, it's up to you.
  • GRUB has been returned to its standard and expected operation. No more hidden menus or "silent" mode.
  • MS office online is completely removed.
  • Steam has been removed. (Add it back easy with 'sudo pacman -Syu steam-manjaro').
  • Added yay for AUR support.
  • Added timeshift to installation media as well as now installing by default.
  • Added gparted to live environment, alongside kpartitionmanager.
  • Replaced screenfetch with neofetch.
  • Replaced qbittorrent with transmission-qt.
  • Maybe other little things i can't remember right now...

Specific to KDE edition...

• Plasmafox has replaced Firefox as default installed browser. Reverted back to Firefox for the time being. But still a HUGE thank you to @torvic9 for all their hardwork!

Last and by no means least, a massive thank you goes out to the Cleanjaro KDE testers, in no particular order... @Elloquin, @kdemeoz. @linesma, @SGS, @Sinister, @tardy & those who wish to not be named :+1: Any issues blame these people :sweat_smile:

Direct download or torrent can be found from the OSDN link in the first post.

Happy Halloween :jack_o_lantern::zombie::woman_zombie::ghost::spider::spider_web::bat::skull:

14 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Cleanjaro Wallpaper

Really lovely. :ok_hand:

Even lovelier with more purple... :star_struck:

4 Likes

Lovely ta... but wot about more #2b006b pls?

=MINE!
:kissing_heart:

3 Likes

I’m going to have to package all these up :+1:

5 Likes

sudo pacman -Syu cleanjaro-wallpapers-by-sgs

6 Likes

Upload it to the github if you haven’t already and I’ll package it up later. Great work as usual mate :+1:

1 Like

New one is in work :slight_smile: , so wait some min. :smiley:

1 Like

Kernel 5.3.11 along with latest intel microcode pushed to repository for all Cleanjaro users. This will “help” with latest round of CPU vulnerabilities and flaws/defects (JCC). It is also recommended by multiple security researchers to disable hyper-threading on your intel CPU.

It’s up to you whether you follow their advice or not, I’ve done all I can for now :upside_down_face:

More information linked below.

https://seclists.org/oss-sec/2019/q4/67

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=intel-jcc-microcode&num=1

4 Likes

Installation media for both XFCE and KDE editions updated. Nothing too major comes to mind. Mostly package updates due to the latest round of intel flaws, so new installs are good from the start.

Enjoy :+1:

5 Likes

FYI: You should be able to build Plasmafox again.

Thanks for your great Clean work :wink: I hope I find some time to try the new ISOs.

4 Likes

I’ll take a look real soon, thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Forum kindly sponsored by