ClamTK Scheduled Scan Not Running

I’ve installed ClamTK and scheduled a daily scan to run at 1AM.

When I run crontab -l it does show that the scan is scheduled, but it never actually runs. I haven’t had this issue on any other distros with ClamTK. I’m not sure if its a cron problem or a ClamTK issue.

Any ideas of how to resolve this issue?

Did you checked if cronie or the cron daemon you installed runs?

If you use cornie check it with

systemctl status cronie.service

If cronie runs check the journal if you see that the task is really not run.

Here is the output for running

● cronie.service - Periodic Command Scheduler
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/cronie.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: active (running) since Tue 2021-05-25 07:55:38 CDT; 5 days ago
Main PID: 15040 (crond)
Tasks: 1 (limit: 18838)
Memory: 2.8G
CGroup: /system.slice/cronie.service
└─15040 /usr/bin/crond -n

May 30 10:00:01 flannelguy-galagopro CROND[112104]: (root) CMDOUT (** (process:112105): CRITICAL **: 10:00:01.305: tee_jee_file_system_dir_exists: assertion ‘dir_path != NULL’ failed)
May 30 10:00:01 flannelguy-galagopro CROND[112104]: (root) CMDOUT ()
May 30 10:00:01 flannelguy-galagopro CROND[112104]: (root) CMDOUT (/dev/dm-0 is mounted at: /run/timeshift/backup, options: rw,relatime)
May 30 10:00:01 flannelguy-galagopro CROND[112104]: (root) CMDOUT ()
May 30 10:00:01 flannelguy-galagopro CROND[112104]: (root) CMDOUT (Daily snapshots are enabled)
May 30 10:00:01 flannelguy-galagopro CROND[112104]: (root) CMDOUT (Last daily snapshot is 21 hours old)
May 30 10:00:01 flannelguy-galagopro CROND[112104]: (root) CMDOUT (------------------------------------------------------------------------------)
May 30 10:00:01 flannelguy-galagopro CROND[112104]: (root) CMDEND (timeshift --check --scripted)
May 30 10:01:01 flannelguy-galagopro CROND[112164]: (root) CMD (run-parts /etc/cron.hourly)
May 30 10:01:01 flannelguy-galagopro CROND[112163]: (root) CMDEND (run-parts /etc/cron.hourly)

So it looks like from what I can tell that the only thing running is timeshift. When I run crontab -l I get the following:

0 1 * * * /usr/bin/clamscan --exclude-dir=/home/flannelguy/.clamtk/viruses --exclude-dir=/home/flannelguy/Music --exclude-dir=/home/flannelguy/Drive --exclude-dir=/home/flannelguy/Pictures --exclude-dir=smb4k --exclude-dir=/run/user/flannelguy/gvfs --exclude-dir=/home/flannelguy/.gvfs --exclude-dir=.thunderbird --exclude-dir=.mozilla-thunderbird --exclude-dir=.evolution --exclude-dir=Mail --exclude-dir=kmail --database=/home/flannelguy/.clamtk/db -i --detect-pua -r /home/flannelguy --log="$HOME/.clamtk/history/$(date +%b-%d-%Y).log" 2>/dev/null # clamtk-scan

Seems to have a legitimate time element, points the script, and then which folders to exclude. I checked the log folder listed in the output and there is nothing in there.

It looks like cronie is running.

Now check the journal.

journalctl -b -u cronie.service --no-hostname --no-pager

-b means all meassages from the current boot. If you recently rebooted, run the command without -b

Also you might want to remove the 2>/dev/null , so you see error messages in the journal for this particular task.
But the journal should contain the info that the task was started at 1 am (01:00).

The journal shows nothing related to clamtk, just the creation of daily rsync snapshots. How do I remove 2>/dev/null so that I can see errors?