CivBE is crashing (core dump) when starting

As said in the tittle, I can't make Civ BE works.

I installed the dependencies indicated there but I get this error when lauching the game:

Adding process 32519 for game ID 65980
GameAction [AppID 65980, ActionID 1] : LaunchApp changed task to WaitingGameWindow with ""
GameAction [AppID 65980, ActionID 1] : LaunchApp changed task to Completed with ""
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/username/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64): ignored.
/home/username/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth/./CivBE: /usr/lib32/libldap_r-2.4.so.2: no version information available (required by /home/username/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libcurl-gnutls.so.4)
/home/username/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth/./CivBE: /usr/lib32/liblber-2.4.so.2: no version information available (required by /home/username/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libcurl-gnutls.so.4)

with a coredump indicated in journalctl

and I have checked that I have libldap installed on my computer.
Also I have LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6 %command% as a start options for the game.

Thank you for your help.

VM or bare metal?
Wine?

I am confused too :smiley: :wink:

VM or bare metal?

What do you mean ? I'm using the default steam with manjaro. I have no issues with CIV6 though

/home/username/

Oups, forgot to edit the last one :woman_facepalming:

Forum kindly sponsored by