Cinnamon Flash usb stops after grub , after most recent update ( today morning)

Well, now the system has restarted. Many many thanks. two more questions:

1. When will a new version of mkinitcpio be released that is compatible with my system, and how will I know?
  2. I have another SSD usb flash with newer manjaro-kde, which I have not updated yet. To prevent everything from happening again, before updating I edit /etc/pacman.conf
    and I add
IgnorePkg = mkinitcpio

Is this sufficient ? should I downgrade in this case as well ?

Thank you again :beers:

Thank you for the method of avoiding this problem with a flash drive installation. If I refuse the Manjaro update of mkinitcpio from 34-1.1 to 35.2-2, I can update my system and reboot it without seeing the dreaded “can’t find UUID” message.

Just for interest, I did a fresh installation of Manjaro to my flash drive and saw that the mkinitcpio version was 34-1.1. I then updated this new installation, including mkinitcpio to 35.2-2, and to my amazement I could reboot the system without any problems. So it seems that there is something in my old installation which is incompatible with 35.2-2, which makes me doubt that any “fix” for mkinitcpio can be hoped for. Perhaps if dracut is adopted by Manjaro this will save me having to reinstall my whole system.

I too performed again a btrfs installation on SSD from the latest ISO, but on the first update the problem recurs, and is only unlocked with the above procedure. I hope the genius maintainers will soon fix the problem, which by the way, as was to be expected, does not recur with an ext4 installation on SSD.

Thank you all very much for sharing your experiences. Like the vast majority I use “ext4” on a “USB memory” and I had the same problem when starting my computer. (A curious fact that I still can’t understand is that when I connected my USB memory to an old computer, it worked fine, that is, the system started normally. But when I connected it to another more modern computer, this same error appeared)

I spent several days trying to identify what the problem was and finally managed to solve it thanks to this forum…

Just in case I share my solution (I do this whole process from a bootable USB drive):
Download the package from: Index of /packages/m/mkinitcpio/
sudo manjaro-chroot -a
sudo pacman -U mkinitcpio-34-2-any.pkg.tar.zst
sudo nano /etc/pacman.conf

GENERAL OPTIONS
[options]
IgnorePkg=mkinitcpio