Cinnamon File Requester missing right click menu

Cinnamon File Requester missing right click menu is there a package needed for this?
In dconf there is only show hidden files and folders first nothing about the menu.

@oberon

What, pray tell might be "Cinnamon File Requester"? Are you referring to Cinnamon's file manager, Nemo?

No the file requester is what you see when you try to open a file with an app xed for example. There used to be a right click menu where you could select hidden files etc. it is this menu I am missing.

If you enable hidden files in Nemo, they will be accessible in the cinnamon-file-dialog / GtkFileChooserDialog or whatever it's called.

I can enable the files using dconf and turning off hidden files in nemo does not do that in the cinnamon-file-dialog they are still there.

I'm not quite sure I followed what you just said there.

I'm using GNOME with Nautilus which Nemo is based on, so it should be similar. I used to use Cinnamon, but it's been awhile. There is a right-click menu in the file chooser dialog for me and the option to show hidden files is there. I can't explain why it would be missing for you. Are you fully up to date?

sudo pacman -Syu

Yes I am and I know it is still available on the latest cinnamon ISO's its just that I used to have it too but its disappeared now and I don't know how to get it back?

I Know what it is now its gtk3-classic the normal gtk3 produces the menu.

Cinnamon uses gtk3, what are you talking about?

I can confirm this. It seems that if you're using gtk3-classic - replacing the default gtk3 package - the context menu of the Gtk File Chooser window doesn't show up.

If you need the context menu in the Gtk File Chooser window to show/hide hidden files, you can use the Ctrl+h key binding for that (it works exactly as in the file manager).

Other options in the Gtk File Chooser window can be set using gsettings. Some examples:

1 Like

Forum kindly sponsored by