Any way to save new install in Legacy mode?

I used Manjaro for a while sometime last year but ended up switching back to windows for a while after some headaches with specific programs in wine. I also upgraded my system in the intervening time and when I tried to update the graphics driver from TTY I messed something up and ended up reinstalling Manjaro. However I stupidly installed it in legacy BIOS mode instead of UEFI like my windows partition is and I didn’t notice until I spent a few hours trying to install everything I wanted back on manjaro. Obviously GRUB can’t detect the windows partition and I have to go to the bios if I want to select one or the other. Is there any way to get GRUB working without reinstalling again

No easy way.

Actually it is possible. Boot from a live USB in UEFI mode and follow the instructions to restore grub in UEFI mode.

The only thing to take into account is that after manjaro-chroot -a and before proceeding with the actual restore, you have to add your EFI partition to the /etc/fstab file and mount it in /boot/efi.

If you need help, just ask here

1 Like