Chromium file dialog is not using the default file manager (revisited)

I want to revisit this bug:
/t/chromium-file-dialog-is-not-using-the-default-file-manager/111031
(edit: very funny, that I can’t even link to post on your own forum)

Config: Manjaro Cinnamon, Brave, Opera (2 machines - same problem)
Short story:
Chromium based browsers RANDOMLY use different save as dialog. The good one (looks like Nemo) and bad one - broken, where I can’t rename file because typing any letter works as a filter.

In topic linked above “solution” was a GTK bug. But it just isn’t - at least not for me. According to topic gtk4 in version 4.6.4 is free from this bug. But I have 4.6.5-1 and still cant rename files while saving it from a browser, and still have wrong save-as dialog. In Firefox save-as dialog is good.

In .config I have gtk2, gtk3, gtk4 folders, but only in 3 there is bookmark list. 2 and 4 are empty, none of them do not have configuration.
Suggested removing gtk-somehting-portal do not help.

I don’t want to install Linux from start because I use LUKS on system partition.

For your information.

1 Like

Because you are new to the forum, and like everyone without trust level, you can’t post links, so we can avoid spam, so moderators do not work 24-7 like mad mans.
Was answered already

Here is how you can go around it was mentioned above.

is xdg-desktop-portal-gtk or xdg-desktop-portal-kde or xdg-desktop-portal-gnome and i think (might be wrong) that you actually need the first one and make sure the service is running.

Well, is a community edition and a lot of changes happened due to the Gnome changes, but not all of them got addressed … This might be one of those issues.

There are only stored the bookmarks for the native gtk file dialog, but if something else is shown as file dialog, then those do not help much.

@maycne.sonahoz @bogdancovaciu
I understand spam protection, but internal links (links to forum manjaro org) should be allowed.

But, what about a bug? Any Manjaro Cinnamon user can confirm that bug still exists? Or maybe that is some config issue and in a clean installation bug is fixed?

Feature requests for Discourse (the platform we use for our forum) should be pointed to their developers

Also, this is a discussion about Spam bots tricking Discourse filter by editing - support - Discourse Meta and how is done via editing, and the only way to avoid it is to disable TL0 editing capabilities and the inclusion of links, any links.

Now let me explain with an example. Here is a link to https://manjaro.org that will land you elsewhere …

1 Like