Change or disable the sound played when adjusting volume using volume key in Manjaro KDE

Hi There,
Hoping this is the right place for this question.

In Manjaro KDE, when I press the keyboard volume keys, the system plays a popping sound to indicate the volume has changed. This is starting to irritate me and I'd like to disable it. I suspect it's a KDE thing. In other desktop environments, I've seen options to change system sounds but I've not seen that in KDE. I'm guessing it's hidden in a menu somewhere and you'd be just the guys to help me find this menu. I have DuckDuckGo searched for tthis. I suspect this is more of a KDE question more than a Manjaro question, but if this sound is irritating me in Manjaro KDE, perhaps it's irritating others?

Cheers.
linuxbrew

(right click on volume) Configure Audio Volume Settings > Uncheck "Play sound when volume changes"

[funny enough ..this made me double check only to realize mine doesnt seem to work even if I turn it on. hah.]

Thanks! Argh, I feel like such a Muppet. It's the first thing that shows up when you click configure audio volume settings. I'd looked around those menus but neglected to actually interpret what they said.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by