Change Firefox color theme

Hello I hope I don’t post this in the wrong place. I’m new to Manjaro and Linux in general. I would like to know how I can change the color in firefox, for example the color in the bar when I select text, or also the scroll thingy. Changing to say dark theme in firefox doesn’t do anything. This green is absolutely hideous, no offense lol. Enjoying Manjaro very much so far though, finally got rid of Windows (for most parts).

Thanks

Install breeze-gtk, and set it as your gtk theme. Then gtk3 apps like Firefox will match the colors you set in KDE system settings.

1 Like

You can customise every aspect of firefox(unlike chrome) as you want. The easiest way to change theme in firefox is to install a theme from mozilla addon marketplace. You can choose any theme you like from there. Some themes even have animations. Customizing or uninstalling themes are also easy.

2 Likes

Do i install it like this?
sudo pacman-Syu breeze-gtk

for my part,i wanted firefox to be in dark mode and apply it to supported sites.
not sure if that’s what you want, but you can check this thread and see if it helps you:

1 Like

It doesn’t work for me.

Already tried, doesn’t solve the issue.

For KDE go to the System Settings, then Application Style, and click the Configure GNOME/GTK Application Style button at the bottom, and here you can change the global GTK theme for GTK applications, like firefox.

1 Like

Well, what do u want exactly? You get to change bar, searcg bar, overall color, scroll bar, you get to use animations, then what else do you want? If you don’t like any theme from the marketplace, then use the [the firefox color addon] that @Tomek used to make your own theme.

I want the ugly ass green out of my scroll thingy on the right. Also the green backlighting of the text in the bar.

Then…

same problem, I renamed my ~/.mozilla folder and restarted firefox and the problem went away, this seems to be a bug with whatever is in /etc/skel/.mozilla oh, and for me it was gnome.

@xenoterracide Bumping old threads is discouraged. See forum rules