Can't update system with pacman key custom repo

I can’t update my system neither with sudo pacman -Syu nor with pamac update. I just had the same issue as here https://forum.manjaro.org/t/libcanberra-related-dependencies-prohibit-update/70378 which I could solve with the suggested solution. The system is not complaining anymore about the libcanberra part.

Now, when I use pamac update, I get the following:

pamac update --force-refresh
Preparing...
Synchronizing package databases...
Refreshing core.db...
Refreshing extra.db...
Refreshing community.db...
Refreshing multilib.db...
Refreshing chaotic-aur.db...
Refreshing sublime-text.db...
Downloading subli (sublime)...
Refreshing core.files...
Refreshing extra.files...
Refreshing community.files...
Refreshing multilib.files...
Refreshing chaotic-aur.files...
Refreshing sublime-text.files...
Downloading subli (sublime)...
Warning: balena-etcher: local (2:1.5.120-1) is newer than chaotic-aur (1.5.120-1)
Warning: electron9: local (9.4.4-2) is newer than community (9.4.4-1)
Warning: gnome-wallpapers: local (20201023-1) is newer than community (20201020-1)
Resolving dependencies...
Checking inter-conflicts...
Warning: dependency cycle detected:
Warning: bashrc-manjaro will be installed before its bash dependency

To upgrade (780):
inux-api-headers                           5.12.3-1                       (5.10.13-1)                      core
iana-etc                                   20210624-1                     (20210202-1)                     core
glibc                                      2.33-5                         (2.33-4)                         core
qca-qt5                                    2.3.3-1                        (Replaces: qca)                  extra
libpamac                                   11.0.1-3                       (Replaces: pamac-common)         extra
tree-sitter                                0.20.0-1                                                        community
rnnoise                                    0.4.1-1                                                         community
To remove (2):
pamac-common                               10.0.6-2                       (Conflicts With: libpamac)
qca                                        2.3.2-2                        (Conflicts With: qca-qt5)
Total installed size: 324,8 MB
Total removed size: 12,7 MB

Apply transaction ? [y/N] y
Checking keyring...                                                                                                         [801/801]
Downloading required keys...
Error: key "0706B90D37D9B881" could not be looked up remotely
Error: required key missing from keyring
Error: Failed to commit transaction

And when I try to update with pacman, I receive the following:

sudo pacman -Syu
[sudo] password for dave:
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
 multilib is up to date
 chaotic-aur                                                  1312,9 KiB  2,60 MiB/s 00:00 [#####################################################] 100%
 sublime-text is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
warning: balena-etcher: local (2:1.5.120-1) is newer than chaotic-aur (1.5.120-1)
warning: electron9: local (9.4.4-2) is newer than community (9.4.4-1)
warning: gnome-wallpapers: local (20201023-1) is newer than community (20201020-1)
:: Replace pamac-common with extra/libpamac? [Y/n] y
:: Replace qca with extra/qca-qt5? [Y/n] y
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
warning: dependency cycle detected:
warning: bashrc-manjaro will be installed before its bash dependency

Packages (803)
Total Installed Size:  13359,03 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:        297,58 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] y
(801/801) checking keys in keyring                                                         [#####################################################] 100%
downloading required keys...
:: Import PGP key 0706B90D37D9B881, "Chaotic-AUR Wild Bear Node <wildbear.node@chaotic.cx>"? [Y/n] y
error: key "0706B90D37D9B881" could not be looked up remotely
error: required key missing from keyring
error: failed to commit transaction (unexpected error)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

I already tried to use the solution proposed in this post https://forum.manjaro.org/t/cant-upgrade-or-install-any-software-key-error/32847 where they suggest removing the keys with sudo rm -r /etc/pacman.d/gnupg but this did not help.

I have added the chaotic-AUR mirrors. Should I remove them?

I use an x86 architecture with a Ryzen 2600 CPU with GNOME and kernel 5.13.1-3. I also tried with the previous kernel 5.12.16-1 but that did not help either (made the kernel update recently).

Please let me know if there is more information that I need to share with you and please let me know how I can fix this issue so I can update my system again.

you use custom repo and key for this repo is false

• remove it
  • or install good key (read doc: it’s not 070… but 305… ?)

Dear papajoke,

Thanks, it works now.

I did as you told, I removed the chaotic-AUR mirror-list in /etc/pacman.conf and ran the following commands:

sudo pacman -R chaotic-keyring

Followed by:

sudo rm -fr /etc/pacman.d/gnupg
sudo pacman-key --init
sudo pacman-key --populate archlinux manjaro

But then I ran into an error with sublime-text which I also added as a mirror. So I also removed sublime and re-ran the commands above:

sudo rm -fr /etc/pacman.d/gnupg
sudo pacman-key --init
sudo pacman-key --populate archlinux manjaro
sudo pacman -Syy archlinux-keyring manjaro-keyring
sudo pacman -Syu

This time, the update was successful.

I also ran

pamac update -a

And it could successfully do the updates.

I now wonder: Should I only use pamac or still use pacman for updates? What is the difference? I understand it like pamac is an AUR-helper. So should I not use any other AUR-helpers instead?

in terminal for aur: pamac or yay (pikaur,paru,…) is only a personal choice

remove sublime : you will not have any more updates for this package ?

I just removed sublime completely. I like it, but I might use VS Code instead. I prefer Code over Atom.

Okay, I get it now with pamac.

Thanks for the help :smiley:

You should be able to get sublime-text from the AUR: AUR (en) - sublime-text-4

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.