Can't update anymore, can't retrieve core.db and others

update

Hi,

I can’t update my distrib anymore, I get a message “can’t retrieve core.db, 404”.
I searched a bit on the net and:

• my harddrive has enough space left, and I cleared the cache just in case
  • I updated my mirror with sudo pacman-mirrors -f10, and also pacman-mirrors -c France, the mirrors were online when I tested it (yesterday and today)
  • after pacman-mirrors, I did pacman -Syy, 404 here aswell.

any ideas what’s happening? How can I fix this?

Have you tried refreshing mirrors and updating without limiting them to France only? So…

sudo pacman-mirrors -f 0 && sudo pacman -Syyu

Also, you do have a working network, right?

This can happen if the mirror is in the process of synchronising the package data.

If you have multiple mirrors added (e.g. you’ve done pacman-mirrors -f10) pacman will try several mirrors.

If you’re still getting 404s… are you running 64-bit or 32-bit?

I’m running 32 bits. I remember Arch dropped support for 32 bits, could it be the reason?

That is EXACTLY your problem. Look in to the thread about manjaro32 :slight_smile:

edit: let me read the post first, I guess the answer is in there, thanks :slight_smile:

is it possible to switch to this distro without reinstalling? how do I do that?

Yeah all info you need should be in that post somewhere. No reinstall needed :slight_smile:

If you have a 64 Bit cpu (Intel i7 7700HQ ?? ,how many ram do u you have?), a fresh install with the latest iso would be good. Otherwise look for 32 bit distros.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.