Can't start application without terminal

When I double click an application from the start menu then it doesn’t start. However when I run it from the command line it works.

The command property for the .desktop file is “/var/lib/snapd/snap/bin/intellij-idea-ultimate”

Any help please? Thanks.

KDE Plasma 5.21.4
Kernal 5.10.30-1-MANJARO

As a long time user of Jetbrains tools - the use of the jetbrains toolbox application is recommended - why? because it creates the applications in your .local/share folder - and thus very easy to get up and running and very easy to maintain.

If you don’t want to install this - you can download the tar.gz file and unpack it in choice of your own folder. Then run the script from the unpacked target’s bin folder.

Jetbrains toolbox app looks like a useful if you use many software from jetbrains. I’m only using Intellij and I don’t see why I should download that tool only to run Intellij from the start menu.

Intellij is not the only one with this issue. I’ve downloaded electerm.tar.gz as well and also won’t start properly from the start menu. However, GitAhead, that was installed in the exact same way, just works.

Well then it is probably an issue with the snap intellij snap package and you should ask the jetbrains support channel after all the ultimate version is supported directly from jetbrains.

I didn’t thought that snap would be the issue because electerm behaves the same and it was installed manually.

I’ll download Intellij from the website then and dig around to see how I can fix electerm. Thanks for your efforts linux-aarhus.