Can't see anything after boot?

ok so every time I shut down and turn on my pc it’s making me type out fsck UUID=e7eb13ec-3824-4fe6-a5b4-c62d1b9cbbfc manually every time and that’s a pretty long string of characters to type every single time I boot up.

Then something is wrong.
First, your system should automatically check and fsck at boot any necessary disks.
Second, it should have the correct ID/path for fsck to use.
Third, a normally functioning system shouldnt need an fsck after every power off/on.

1 Like

maybe first thing to try is to do fsck from a live system, not the maintenance shell

edit: live as in live usb disk, not live as in a booted main system.

1 Like

how do I fsck? It just says fsck from util-linux 2.38.1 when i type fsck.

you should read the manual on how to use it, but from live system you should be fine by running fsck -AM to check all unmounted filesystems.

I did try searching for how to use it but it always just returns fsck from util-linux 2.38.1 so I assumed I was just doing it wrong or something. fsck -AM also just returns that as well.

And what was the result of your search?

fsck --help
man fsck

idk what to say no matter what I type all I’m getting is a fsck from util-linux 2.38.1

uhm…
Is that a pkgfile response saying you dont have util-linux installed?

After goofing around in the terminal a bit more it seems sudo fsck.ext4 -p /dev/sda1 did the trick. I’m able to boot normally with no issues.

It seems my network isn’t working for some reason now but idk if that’s just my internet service being silly so I’ll wait a day and check.

It seems all my issues have been resolved now. (I think)

Idk which of these commands fixed my wifi but some of them certainly did.

dhclient -r
dhclient 
rm /dev/rfkill
iptables
iptables -F
reboot